Chapter 19

(Y/n)'s POV

~The next day~

I stopped reading the book and put on a pair of ripped jeans and a long sleeved shirt. I left my hair out and put on some make up. I went downstairs to get a glass of blood. My friends weren't up yet so I wrote them a note to tell them that I was going for a walk.

I went to the forest and sat down by the lake. I put my feet in the water. I always liked to do this. A few minutes later, I heard a sound. I turned around and saw a deer looking right back at me. It slowly walked towards me and stopped a metre away. I reached out to touch it but it moved back a step.

Then we both heard a twig snap. It was a jaguar (I don't know if they actually eat deer so this information could be wrong). It was looking hungrily at the deer. *sigh* Why was the food chain like this? The deer started to run away and the jaguar chased after it. I stopped the jaguar.

I didn't want to have to do this but I also didn't want to see the deer get eaten alive. I jumped onto the jaguar and sank my fangs into its neck. I then got off and walked back to the lake and leaned against a tree. After a few minutes, I fell asleep. When I woke up, there was an adult German Shepard (it's my favourite kind of dog, sorry if you don't like them) licking my hand.

"Why are you here? Where's your owner?"

It only looked at me with sad, pleading eyes. Was it a stray? I got up and walked back home. The German Shepard followed me.

"Omg! When did you get a dog?!" Saee asked/screamed with excitement.
"Calm down, I think it's a stray."
"Aww, poor thing," Sasha exclaimed.
"Can we keep him? Can we keep him?" Saee asked excitedly. I looked at it and it looked back at me.
"Yeah, sure. I don't see why we can't." I gave it some meat to eat before Saee gave it a bath.
"What are we gonna name it?"
"I know, I know. What about Grey?" Saee suggested. (I didn't name it after Gray from Fairy Tail lol).
"Yeah, sounds good. I'm gonna take him for a walk. See you in a bit."
"Bye (Y/n)," they all replied.

I took it to a plain and let it do its business. After that, it ran towards me and jumped on me.

"Haha, wanna play fetch?"

He wagged his tail. I got a stick and threw it, a bit too far. I think it landed near my palace. But what happened next surprised me more. Grey ran with lightning speed to go get it and came back.

"I guess you're not an ordinary dog..." I let it play and run around before sitting down on the soft grass.
"I never knew you had a dog." It was Thomas.
"I found him. Well, actually, he found me." Grey started barking at Thomas.
"He's a friend of mine." He calmed down.
"Let's go back."

~At the mansion~

Grey ran in and out into the garden. Thomas left on the way here.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Roberto.
"I need to tell you something privately," he replied.
"Oh okay, sure." He followed outside.
"What did you want to tell me?"
"Well, I've been thinking about it for a while and I realised that...I love you." Before I had a chance to answer, he kissed me.