Chapter 13 - Vulnus

Start from the beginning

"I was with a hunter, yes, but I was not consorting" there were whispers throughout the pack, many yelled 'Liar!' but I just wiped it off. 

"Then explain" he demanded, he had his Alpha voice on and my wolf had no choice but to comply and the things I didn't want to tell him came out. 

"I went to see Taylor to find out what the Hunters plan was, why now they decided to appear after two hundred years?" Alpha gave me to look to keep going, my wolf stirred inside me from all of the pressure, all the whispers that I could cearly hear, my heart beating so loud I could feel it in my ears. 
"He told me that his family has planned to attack and eradicate our pack, because they blame some one here for killing Taylor's mother" Luna gasped at the thought and Holden narrowed his eyes on me, searching for a lie, when I let down the wall and let him in he saw the truth. The Alpha looked around nervously,

"That's ridiculous, we don't kill humans, we protect them" he voiced, "You're lying!" the accusation sounded like posion as it dripped out of his mouth,

"No father, she's not" Holden stepped forward in an effort to protect me, but there was something wrong with Alpha Knight, not everybody could see it but I could.

"Silence!" he snapped at his son, "You were telling him our secrets, our strengths and weaknesses, weren't you? to help him and betray your pack".

"No, I would never put my family or pack in danger" I contradicted but his eyes grew even more dangerous,

"I punish you, Lily Dexter, by Vulnus" Vulnus means wound in Latin, in other packs they call it the Wounding, or still wound and each pack has a different way of performing the punishment, some is wolf on wolf, some actually get to fight back, but in our pack, fighting back is a cause of hostility and can result in banishment or death. In this pack, I have to take every punch, kick, scratch, bite and maim they give me and can't fight back, I can't call for help, I have to take it until I pass out or until the Alpha says I have had enough. 

I gasped when the words left his mouth, 

"No" Holden shouted trying to make his way to me but Alpha Knight had him secured by wolves, my wolf wanted to jump out and attack everyone she wanted to run to Holden and hold him, but I had to force her down, this had to be done. I knew that if I saw Taylor this was what awaited me and took the risk gladly. 

"Tala" The Alpha called forth a woman I have known my entire life, she was one of my mom's best friends and one of the packs best offence fighters. She was to be my mentor when I turned eighteen and properly joined the ranks of the Defence Line, I couldn't believe he chose her of all people. 

"Yes Alpha" she nodded but her eyes were full of sadness and regret for what she was about to do, I was glad none of my friends or family were here to see this. 

I stood tall as my dad would want me too, prepared for whatever Tala had planned for me, that last thing I remember was seeing the fear in Holdens eyes before Tala's fist connected with my face. I stumbled and I felt my ears pop as I regained my footing, unaware of the screams and yells coming from the other wolves, 

Fight her. my wolf urged but I knew that wasn't an option. Facing Tala again I didn't see the round house kick to my chest that sent me flat on my ass. Gasping for breath I rolled onto my knees but didn't get a chance before her foot connected with my stomach, grunting in pain, my hand instinctively moved to my stomach. But she grabbed my hair and brought her fingers down across my cheek, I felt the warm sticky liquid instantly. She stepped back and allowed me to stand up, shaking the mess out of my head I stood tall again, Tala looked at the Alpha who glared in fury at me and nodded for her to continue.