More Than Friends?

Start from the beginning

"Niall, we've known each other for what? A week and a half?" I say. "How can you tell?"

"I...I just can," he says, shaking his head. "It feels like I've known you forever, Ally, and I know how Liam is when he's in love. And he has that look when he's with you."

I bite my lip and look down at my lap, unsure of what to say or even think. Niall...he just looked into my deepest and darkest thoughts and I don't even know how. When I look back up at him, Niall gives me that look where he is sure of his ideas.

"Maybe you should talk to him," he suggests. "I don't know, it might do both of you some good."

"Maybe I should," I breathe, leaning against the back of the couch. "God, why is this so complicated?"

"Because love is complicated," Niall chuckles, making me roll my eyes and shake my head. "Okay, I think I'm going to bed. It's going to be a long night if we don't sleep at all."

"I'm going to go too," Becca says. "I'll see you when you come back to bed?"

I nod, watching them go to the back of the bus. You see, Becca and I share the back room where there's a larger bed while the boys sleep in the bunks. I lay down on the couch, letting out the largest sigh I've ever done. Boys are...a lot. And why do I like that specific one so much?

"Ally?" I hear Liam say, making me jump so much I fall off of the couch.

"Oh, God," I groan while Liam chuckles.

"Are you okay?" he asks, obviously smirking.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I chuckle, a small smile forming on my face. "I'll probably just get a bruise."

"Well, that's better than a broken bone," he smiles. "Come on, let me help you."

He kneels down and practically lifts me off the ground. Once I'm back on my feet, I look at his soft brown eyes, my heart pounding.

"Are you sure you're okay?" he asks.

"Uh, yeah, I am," I mumble, sitting back down on the couch. "So...why did you come out here?"

"We need to talk," he says softly, sitting down next to me. "About the other day."

Niall...of course he talked to him.

"Look, Liam, I..."

"Hold on, let me talk," he interrupts. "I know it got awkward. I didn't mean for it to get that awkward, but I don't regret it. I...I'm sorry if I hurt you."

"Liam," I breathe, looking at him, "you did not hurt me. Not at all."

I completely turn my body, sitting criss-cross so I can watch him.

"I-I didn't?" he asks, eyes wide.

"No, you didn't," I reassure him.

"I really like you, Ally," he says softly, looking down at his hands. "You're beautiful - you took my breath away the first time I saw you on stage. I can barely keep my eyes off of you, even when you wouldn't talk to me. You're fun, you're kind. You have such a caring heart. You always want to include everyone and you want to make sure everyone's okay before you are. I-I-I know I've only known you for a week and a half, but...Ally, I really like you."

I wait for him to look up at me, and when he does, I whisper, "I like you too."

I watch as his face lights up, which makes me smile like a complete idiot. I can't believe I just admitted my feelings to him. I...I like Liam Payne.

"Are you serious?" he asks and I nod eagerly, desperately wanting him to kiss me again.

He smiles at me and places his hands on my cheeks. He pulls me in and places his lips softly on mine. My heart starts to pound even more and my stomach is in knots. I don't ever want him to pull away.

When he does, he places his forehead on mine and our faces break into smiles.

"Did that really just happen?" I breathe.

"Yeah, it did," he chuckles.

I pull away and look at him, both of us trying to contain our excitement, but failing miserably.

"So, um, what does this mean?" I ask softly. "Where do we go from here?"

"Let me take you out tomorrow," he says. "We'll...tour around Montreal since we don't have a concert tomorrow. Does...does that sound good?"

"That sounds perfect," I smile, kissing him again. "We're keeping this a secret from Louis, yes?"

"Only if you want to," he replies.

"Um, let's keep it a secret for now," I tell him. "He...he would just freak if he knew."

"Whatever you want," he says.

"Wait...how are we going to be able to sneak around Louis tomorrow?" I ask.

"Oh, don't worry," he smiles. "Eleanor is taking him out tomorrow with Zayn and Perrie."

"Perfect," I breathe.

"Okay, let's get to bed," he says, standing up. "It's late and we're going out tomorrow."

"One more kiss," I whisper, biting my lip.

He smirks and leans down, kissing me gently. This is such a dream. When he pulls away, he whispers, "Good night, love."

"Good night, Liam," I whisper back, watching him walk towards the bunks.

Once he's out of sight, I sigh and lay down on the couch, a huge smile on my face. I can't believe what just happened. I have to tell Becca!

I get up and quietly make my way to the back, finding Becca laying in the bed, scrolling through her phone. As soon as I walk in, she looks at me with her eyebrows raised as if she's asking me if Liam and I talked.

"So," I breathe, shutting the door behind me, "Liam and I talked."

"And?" she asks eagerly.

"We're going out tomorrow," I smile, struggling to contain my excitement.

"Really?!" she asks excitedly, sitting up.

"Shh," I hush, sitting down next to her. "Yes, we're going out. And we may have...kissed."

"I'm so excited for you!" she whispers with a huge smile on her face.

"I'm excited too," I smile. "But not too excited to go to bed. Can we please turn out the light?"

"Of course!" she says, grabbing the remote control and turning them off.

I lay down and plug my phone in, curling up under the blankets. As I start to fall asleep, I can't help but think about Liam and everything that just happened. I am way too excited for tomorrow - I can't wait to see what Montreal has in store for us...and I can't wait to see what Liam Payne has in store for me.