Chapter 46 | Heart Ache

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, love."

"It's okay."

He cupped both her cheeks and rested his forehead on hers, sighing because all this damn thing was so messed. He wanted so much to spend Christmas with his son, not break tradition. But then there was Jen. He couldn't do this to her. She didn't deserve this from him.

But it was a dinner right?

Anything and he would just take her away from here.

He sighed and circled her waist in a half-hug taking her upstairs to show her the house and more important - his teenage bedroom that unlike Jen's, had been all modified to an adult bedroom.

After he married Helen and bought their own house in Ireland, his mother had thought that if she changed his bedroom that maybe he would come more times.

"You can leave the bags here. We can unpack later. You want to take a shower, anything?"

"Ah can I take one before I go to bed?"

"Yeah. You're home okay? Anything you want, just do it or ask if you don't know how to actually do it."

"Okay." she breathed and he pulled her into a hug.

"Oh! Almost forgot." he pulled away to go to his bag and zipped it open, taking a small dark rectangle box with a small lace.

"Oh right it's Christmas. I forgot your present!" She made a show and laughed right after taking his present out of her bag.

The two of them went downstairs, presents in their hands to place it under the Christmas tree.

"Tell me what it is and I'll tell you what's mine."

"I bought you a barbie. A Swan Princess Edition of course." she said with sarcasm and he laughed as they climbed down the stairs.

They went to the living room where everyone was and the atmosphere got awkward.

"Daddy I made present to you." Evan said the moment they sat at the table.

Jen got to sit on the corner of the table next to Colin and in front of Evan with Colin's father on the head of the table. His mother was on the opposite side of her husband. Helen was in front of Colin, which only pleased Mary. There was also a sit saved for Colin's brother who had to work late.

"You did? I can't wait to see it, Evan."

"To mommy too. " Helen smiled, brushing the little one's hair which made Jen smile.

"I did to you too Jen." Her jaw dropped with surprise.

"You did?"

He nodded with pride, and she couldn't help but smile even though everyone was looking at her with a killing gaze.

"Thank you." she said and kept eating, looking at Colin in the corner of her eye and noticing that he was smiling too.

"Conas atá Séasúr 5 ag dul ?" His mother started the subject, in Irish. Great, she was out of this.
| How's season 5 going? (Remember the "Conas atá tu?" HAHAHAHAHA colifer forever bye|

"It's been great."

"Con bhfuil glaoch tú ár mac ? Tá sé ag cur an oiread sin ama!"
|Con have you phoned our son? He's taking so much time!|

And the subject went by in irish. Everything in Irish.

And then Helen was mentioned in the subject, even little Evan was participating.

She found herself just eating and listening to all them talking and laughing and she felt the pain in her heart. The pain of being left.

This was his family right? She was sure Colin had felt the same way in some moments when he went to her family house.

Right?

She wasn't sure.

"Jen I heard you're doing a short movie? For Wild Wild Horses isn't it?" Colin's father had been noticing her all dinner. He admired Jen. He had always thought she was an admirable woman since the first moment they met, and he even had told Colin that 3 years ago.

She didn't notice he was talking to her at first. "Oh yeah. It's actually being released tomorrow."

"Oh we have to watch it together. I'm sure it will be great."

"Thank you." she tried to smile but her heart only ached more.

"Helen is finally gonna be a class director, you knew Colin?" Mary spoke.

Funny how now she spoke in english. Like it was something directly to Jen's knowledge.

"Congrats" Colin said.

After they ate the Christmas Mince Pies, a traditional in Ireland, his mother got up and started picking up things.

"Jen little help cleaning the table?" she asked and she automatically got up, holding her plate.

"Of course!"

She was actually talking to her. Inviting her to do something. She wasn't invisible anymore.

"Colin have I shown you our new swing on the backyard?"

She saw the men getting up and Colin came to her.

"Go. Don't worry." she said before he could say anything.

"I'll be quick. Anything, I'm outside." he said and pecked her lips.

Helen was coloring books with Evan on the couch while she and Mary kept cleaning up the table. Until it was only her doing it.

She had joined the two on the couch and left her alone with the dirty ware.

She wished that something, anything, would happen right now and make her happy. She wished she had the strenght to not want to cry. She wished he would come back already and see what she was feeling, comfort her. But none of that happened.

She started washing the dishes, clearing her thoughts away.
And then she realized what she was doing.

No. She wasn't going to be the weak one this time.

She left the dishes, some semi-cleaned, many still dirty and went upstairs to his room.

|My heart hurt just writing this chap. I hope it hurt to you too or maybe it was just me idk

It's almost midnight. Sorry for typos I just really wanted to update.

If I hurt you, then *satan is back babes* and if I didn't well *I really tried sorry but this in my mind is really painful*

GN everyone ONLY 5 MORE DAYS|