Chapter 46 | Heart Ache

| COMMENT YOUR OPINION IN EVERYTHING PLEASE |

"Why are you in my bloody house?"

"Cuireadh do thuismitheoirí iarbhír dom."
| Your parents actually invited me |

Jen kept silent and held his other hand - the other one was busy holding Evan in his arms.

"Come with me." He said to her and she followed him inside, passing by her and leaving her at the doorway.

"Father." He said once he saw him, bringing Evan to the floor.
"Colin! Mo bhuachaill." Con said and hugged him, Jen's hand leaving his.
| Colin! My boy. |

"Jen, darling, Colin brought ya! Sorry for the Helen incident... Colin's mother isn't an easy woman."

"It's totally okay... It's nice to see you again Mr. O'Don- Con. Con. I forgot that." She laughed.

"You're very welcome here-"

"Thug tú í?" A voice interrupted his. It was Mary. Colin's mother.
| You brought her? |

She remembers the last time they met at the season 3 premiere.
She was one of those people that you can't just spend one minute without laughing. Always joking about everything, making us see life in a brighter way.

This woman was just not the same one.

Colin knew that his mother wouldn't be that person to Jen anymore. And that's what he was most afraid of bringing her here.

Mary O'Donoghue loved Helen more than anything. She and Helen's mother were friends for a lifetime and she couldn't be more proud of his son's choice in marrying her.
Not even talking about Evan, the poor kid who was spoiled by his grandmother that couldn't adore him more.

"What is Helen doing here?" Colin blurted out, direct to the point, trying to contain his anger.

"I wanted to spend some time with my grandson. Helen, you staying for dinner?"

Jen got alarmed with that.
She didn't ask for this.
She shouldn't really have come.

"What?!" Colin quickly said.

"I shouldn't..." Helen hesitated for a moment.

"Come on. It's Christmas Eve! For Evan."

She looked at Jen and nodded.  "Go raibh maith agat."
| Thanks. |

Jen looked away from her, quickly blinking. She couldn't believe this.

"No. You're not-" Colin started.
He was not having dinner with Helen.

"Colin. Let her be." Jen said lowly not even looking at him.

He sighed and brought his hand to his forehead.

Jen noticed, Colin's mother didn't even dare to greet her son.
Mary O'Donoghue hated the fact that her son was with her now. She hated her.

"We can go have dinner outside. Come on, let's go-" he turned around so they could talk more privately.

"No, Colin. Evan's here. It's Christmas. You were suffering because you couldn't spend it with him, I can do this for you. We can stay here. It's just a dinner."