Chapter 17 | Everything

| here a pic of how the seats are ^ just so you can imagine it easier but remember that it's night at that moment|

"Just take me down." She said again, this time more desperate, bringing her hands to cover her face.

"Jen, soon this will start rotating faster than this. You need to open your eyes, get used to the view."

"I can't." She started sobbing and trying to take deep breaths, her hand still squeezing his with all the strength she could find at the moment.
She felt like if she let go of him, she would fail.

The view wasn't as scary as moments later when Colin went. It was completely dark now. Only the lights from the fair under them and a sudden flash of light that would come from their chairs up there.

"Jen, look at me. Open eyes or closed, it will be the same."

She finally gained courage and slowly opened her eyes, her breathing quickening with the sight.

"Don't look down. Hey look at me. Here."

She turned her head to her left, facing his blue eyes still shinning with the reflex of the lights coming from their seat.

"I wanna go down, Colin." She sobbed, trying to focus on her breathing.

"Talk to me."

"I wanna go down!" She repeated again in a shout, clearly not in the mood for talking.

"I suggest another subject?" He smirked and his comfort calmed her down.

He noticed that.

"Are you still planning on going to that photoshoot this weekend?"

"No- Yes. Colin." Her nerves weren't helping.

"Christina really enjoyed meeting you. She's really kind, isn't she?"

"Yeah. We need to meet more times." She said, one hand tightly grabbing the metal arm of the chair and the other squeezing his hand. Her eyes never leaving his.

Suddenly the swings started rotating faster, their bodies tilted to her side, giving an expended sight of the floor on her right side.

She kept looking at Colin, his seat now higher than hers.

"Nothing will happen. Soon we'll be down again." He squeezed her hand noticing her affliction due the new position.

Those were the longest minutes of her life.
She has never looked at Colin for so long.
Actually, she has never seen Colin like that. Trying to comfort her, hiding his fear.

He was nervous.
Did he just give an heart attack to Jennifer Morrison just because he stubbornly wanted to go on a ride in a high swing with her?

After a minute or so, after getting used to the position and the height, her breathing was steady again.

"I'm gonna kill you after this." She'd say and he would chuckle seeing that she was better now.

Suddenly the seats, still going on in circles, slowly fell until they reached the floor.

When the seats finally stopped, Jen let out a sigh and tried to unbuckle her seatbelt by herself since the security was taking so long to come to them.