Chapter XI - Changing Phase

Shannon had disposed of the bodies and cleaned up the mess left by Luthen when she heard a loud noise that sounded like an explosion.  She knew that he was in his room and whatever it was he was engaged in, well it wasn't good news.  She hated to have him in a bad mood because he always took his anger out on her.

When Luthen first found Shannon he spared her life and promised her an everlasting existence.  He also threw in the reward of being by his side forever as his female vampire companion.  However, it came with the stipulation that she had to earn that right – which for years now he had told her she didn't deserve yet.  Although she didn't know it as far as Luthen was concerned she would never earn that right.

Shannon took to Luthen instantly; in fact she was in love in with him.  Even though he treated her bad at times she understood that he wanted perfection.  She was nowhere near that stage.  But in time and after she's turned her beauty would guide him to her as they would be connected.  It would be then he could reciprocate with returned emotions.

But for the time being she would endure being plain.  All that he has concentrated on since he first bit her was to locate this Ariana person.  Some days she felt like going back to squalor and living under a bridge. 

She had no family.  Her mother and dad were both drug addicts and both had died on separate occasions due to an overdose.  Her dad died first when she was a baby, her mother when she was twelve.  In and out of foster homes for years, she finally ran away at age seventeen due to the longevity of being mistreated.  Her foster families never cared about her; all they ever wanted was the monthly check they received.

It was two weeks of being on the street when Luthen found Shannon and made her his minion.  She had been by his side for five years and nothing had changed between them during this time.  Even though he killed the girls she brought to him, she envied the way he was with them even if it did not mean anything.

They might have been willed to allow him to do as he pleased but they were always attracted to him beforehand.  Some he would kill right away.  But others, the ones that he found very attractive, he would have his way and enjoy their companionship before he drained them dry.  Just once she wished that he would want to be that way with her emotionally.

“Shannon!” he screamed and his voice echoed throughout the hallways.  As soon as she heard him she jumped because it took her off guard.  She knew better than to take too long and ran quickly to his quarters.

The door was open and she quickly entered, “Yes Master,” she timidly said as she slowly approached him. 

“The time has come that I'm ready to put you to the ultimate test,” he said as he glared deeply in her direction.

“Test Master, I don't understand, what do you require of me?” she asked as she kept her eyes lowered toward the floor.

“Undress now!” he ordered.  For a moment she thought she had heard him wrong.  Did he finally want her?  He had never requested this of her before.  Slowly she started to undress.

She removed her long sleeved, plain, black shirt that fit loosely.  Next item was her frayed bra that covered her tiny breasts.   She moved on to the oversized, old fashioned skirt that hid her figure.  Finally, off came the items that remained; her stockings, underwear and plain black Mary Jane shoes.  He had her twirl around once as he looked over her body.  You would never have known because of the drab clothes that she wore but she did have a figure that was indeed hidden.

Her shape was adequate but could definitely use some improvements.  He had bitten her only once and that was to claim her as his minion to control her to do whatever he chose fit.  Every now and then and only when needed he would reuse that same hidden spot to claim her blood.  Phase two of his desired plan was in effect and it was time for Shannon's second bite.  She stood there as the fiery flames in his eyes made her body tighten.