Chapter IV - The Awakening

Sorry for the delay in getting this posted please let me know what you think, enjoy.

___________________________________________________________________________

She stood there bewildered and speechless. He was Judas, the same person that Scott had asked her about because she spoke his name while she slept. Nonetheless, she seemed more confused now then ever because when she stared into his eyes, she traveled through some type of mind portal to the past. Not any past but her past. She saw two babies separately bundled up and they laid side by side in a large basket draped over in gold colored fabric.

The basket sat on top of a wide alter with a symbol on it. For whatever reason unknown to her she knew without a shadow of a doubt that the infants were indeed herself and him. The dark colored room they were in were lit by numerous candles that glowed brightly and she could tell that there was a ceremony or ritual being performed. That was the last thing that she saw before she was pulled back to the present.

“I don't understand any of this, you seem to know more about me then even I know,” she said as she stepped closer to him. “How is it that I feel like I have known you forever?” she asked, as she searched his face for answers. He tilted his head and motioned for her to look behind. There stood her body double which she had completely forgotten about since her mind was flooded with so many other things.

She turned around and faced her double as she continued in conversation with Judas, “As soon as you can send her out to be me then I guess I'm ready to go.”

She started to walk toward the clone when she let out an agonized moan and fell to the ground. Her hands both in tight fists held tightly to her temples. Her eyes were closed shut and she grimaced as she desperately called out to Judas. He had felt the attack as soon as it happened, it was Luthen and he was locked on to her. This daytime attack was something that he had not anticipated. Unlike Judas, Luthen was cursed to the darkness for eternity. Which before this attack meant that he would be in slumber during daylight hours. Now all of a sudden this was not the case. One good thing still remained intact and that was he still was forbidden to be in sunlight. But why he was not in hibernation was something that needed figured out.

Judas used telepathy and connected into Ariana's mind where he tried to shut down the signal that caused her pain. Luthen picked up his presence right away and decided that a confrontation was in order. Slowly in front of Judas an apparition of Luthen appeared before him in Ariana's mind.

“Why are you trying to stop the inevitable, Judas?” Luthen sneered, as his fangs protruded over his lip.

His bright red eyes burned with hatred as he glared at his enemy. “I will find her and all that I will leave for you will be her drained lifeless corps,” he scowled, as the words slithered out of his mouth. This was not a threat but a promise and Judas took his words to heart.

Just as he was about to respond he heard Ariana scream again and her pain sliced through him like a knife. Although he wanted to confront Luthen she was more important. He focused hard and within seconds a secured seal wrapped around the boundaries where Luthen could not penetrate inside her mind. Judas watched Luthen's reaction through the shield, in addition to the anger and hatred that radiated from Luthen, he left Judas with one last final message before he disappeared.

“Do you think this means anything? This is only a temporary set back,” his deep husky voice echoed. “The time will come soon in which I will be face to face with her and I will enjoy every moment of making her suffer; and you Judas, will be my prized audience for I will make you stand there and watch me DRAIN HER DEAD! Your precious Ariana's time is about to come to an end and don't worry I won't let you mourn too long because you will closely follow” he laughed with a vicious tone and poof just like that, he was gone.