Chapter18: Goodbye, But Hello

Mitch's POV

I heard a small hello from the entrance and looked.

A new kid? He stood there and waved. Everyone was looking at him. Even Mr.Aceti, who quit helping me to stare.

I glared and snatched my paper back from him. Doing it myself even though I had NO clue at what I was doing. He didn't even notice I had the paper now.

He walked to the kid and introduced himself. Then the kid, apparently named Preston, introduced himself as well. I glared and kept working.

Then he took Preston to his seat and helped him with what we were working on. I looked at him and frowned. Then I kept working.

Did he really just suddenly ditch me?

After the whole day and the last class, Mr.Aceti asked Preston to stay after class to get him to know what we're doing in class better.

I only knew this because I put my stuff up in my locker and came back to hang with Mr.Aceti after class like always... Guess not.

My eyes teared up and I glared and left.

Why am I getting so jealous of? That kid that Mr.Aceti probably fell in love with? No! I have not! Of course Mr.Aceti could be getting tired of me and cast me aside to get to that Preston kid, and I'll just be alone again.

I whimpered and covered my mouth. Leaving to go to my house.

I can't believe I'm so irritated about this. I never have been. Well... at least not this bad.

I went to my fridge and decided not to eat anything. But I decided to just take a relaxing hot shower, cool off and go to bed.

Get some rest. Maybe he'll be back to normal tomorrow.

I couldn't sleep. It was the same thing. Fall asleep, wake up, fall asleep, wake up, over and over again last night. I didn't sleep a wink.

So I got up at 5, got dressed, didn't feel like eating again and went to school when it was time.

I decided to go early to see Mr.Aceti before that punk could. I grabbed my things from my locker and walked to the classroom.

Peeking in and walking inside. I almost dropped my stuff.

Mr.Aceti was kissing that Preston kid while he was sitting on the desk he was assigned to. Which was the very front of the room.

They pulled away and Mr.Aceti looked over at me. Grinning.

"Sorry Mitch, but I got tired of you. I only used you for a bit to get my feelings through from my previous breakup. Now I'm fine and love Preston".

My eyes teared up deeply and I covered my mouth. I whimpered and dropped my stuff. Running away.

I-I knew it!

I got tripped and fell on my back. Hitting the wall. I looked up and held my bleeding head.

They widened again. It was Kai.

He kicked me in the chest and I fell to my side. I hugged myself and he kicked me over and over again.

I sat up quickly and gasped. Panting and sweating like hell.

My heart was thumping out of my chest. I run my fingers through my hair and sighed.

Just a dream... just a... dream.. I bit my bottom lip. I was WAY to scared to fall back to sleep, so I didn't.

I just got up, took a shower and didn't bother to eat. So I sat up watching tv after getting dressed.

Then after a while, I walked to school. Getting my stuff and walking into class.

Mr.Aceti and Preston were talking to each other while the others were working.

I looked over at them and Mr.Aceti looked over at me. Smiling. I glared at him and looked away. Making him look confused.

I don't care. I know the dreams gonna happen. Or at least close to it. I started doing my work.

It was finally lunch and I stayed quiet the whole time.

Ty and Adam were trying to get me to talk but I wouldn't open my mouth. They even said they were worried cause I looked horrible with dark circles under my eyes and looking pale and skinnier.

I just ignored them and poked at the food and didn't even touch it.

Then after my last class, Mr.Aceti's class, I went to leave, but Mr.Aceti grabbed my shoulder. Even Preston was still in the room.

I just shrugged his shoulder off rudely and stomped away. As I was putting my stuff up, I felt a hand slam me in my locker. I hit my head against the metal as well. I groaned and turned around.

Sure enough, it was Kai.

He grinned and snatched my collar of my hoodie and shirt. Slamming my back in my locker. I whimpered softly and he smiled.

"I see why Mr.Aceti doesn't have much to do with you anymore. He's done with you Hughes. He's throwing you away like the trash you are. And I'm glad he is. Preston is so much better for him then you. Guess your back to being useless again huh"?

My eyes teared up more and he let me go. Leaving me alone. Then I quickly went back to my house.

Mr.Aceti was trying to call and text me for hours. Asking what was wrong and everything else. But I just ignored them all. I'm not gonna tell him why I'm pissed. He can figure out that part on his own.

I didn't eat again. I didn't feel like it at the moment. So I just watched tv till late and had another non-rest filled night with nightmares here and there every time I shut my eyes.

When I woke up, I saw he stopped texting and calling. I ended up with 44 messages and 28 missed calls. Along with 23 voicemails.

I just snatched my phone and went to message. Texting it's over and going back to sleep.

I didn't want to got to school. So I stayed home and slept all day.

I just decided to go to school to get the day over with.

I went to walk to class, but a hand grabbed my elbow roughly and dragged me in the boys bathroom. It was empty and I turned around as I heard the door click to be locked. I glared.

"What..?"I snapped.

"What the hell Mitch!? Why are you breaking up with me all of a sudden!? What did I do!?" Mr.Aceti yelled.

My eyes glossed over softly and I sniffed. Then I glanced up and glared at him.

"Why don't you go ask Preston.. you've had googly eyes all over him since he came.. Maybe he'll know.."I mumbled.

I looked back down and went to grab the bathroom door handle, but he placed his hand on top of mine. Not letting me open the door.

He hugged an arm around my waist and pressed his chest against my back from behind.

"I was just trying to make you jealous Mitch. Obviously that worked.. but not the way I wanted it to. I wanted you to outburst at me and say you 'love me'. You haven't said it once since we got together".

My eyes widened and I let go of the handle. Then turned and looked at him. He had a soft, small smile plastered on his lips. There was one tear that slid down his cheeks.

I smiled a little and wiped it away. Then gently kissed him. I snuggled my head in his chest as I hugged him.

"I love you Mr.Ace-... Jerome... I love you Jerome".

He smiled wider and kissed the top of my head.

"I love you too Mitch".

We stood there hugging and embracing each other for a long time.

Afterwards, we went to our classes, but I went to his house afterwards.

We had a good run, and after graduation, we made our relationship open.