Time

Y/N P.O.V
-----------------
-2 days before Christmas Party-
A few weeks had passed after the shopping trip, and I was becoming accustomed with how everything had worked in the skelebros' house. Of course I tried to stay away from the spaghetti as much as possible. But Sans... seemed to become less and less... well, both happy and actually there.

He seemed to always stare off, his eyes flickering out so it was just his sockets. It was unnerving... And he always seemed to be gone, though I could hear him in his room some times. It seemed odd, when I first arrived he was fine, laid back. But now he's just... Less happy. And they were going to celebrate Christmas in a few days too... I just hoped Sans would be happier by then...

I jumped as I heard something bang against the wall from Sans' room. What the hell was he doing?! I was basically twiddling my thumbs siting on the couch, not bothering really on watching TV. He hadn't come out of his room forever... Another bang came, and standing up I walked up the stairs and to his room, about to knock on the door when I heard him mumbling on the other side...

"*why isn't it adding up... i can't let her die again, not this time... why the fuck isn't it adding up?!?" Another bang on the wall and I knocked on the door. "*what?!" "Sans what the hell are you doing in there?!" "*go away, i'm busy!" "With what, tearing the house down?..."

I slowly opened the door to find Sans sitting against the opposite wall of the door, notes and other broken things littering the floor. I walked in, closing the door behind me and looking at Sans again. He had his hands against his forehead, so they were hiding his face.

Gingerly walking forward, I talked quietly to him. "Sans?... What's going on..." "*stop y/n..." "I just want to know what's wr-" "*a lot of fucking things are wrong y/n, a lot!" He was tensed up, and crouching in front of him I tried to pull his hands away from his face, and for a second he let me with out resistance before pulling away.

But either way I caught a glimpse of his face to see it was tear streaked (he could cry? Okay I'm done questioning how he can do things). "Sans what's wrong?..." "*just stop..." "Why?" "*i'm trying to save you!!! that's what i've been trying to do!!! every time you die and every time i couldn't fix it!"

He buried his head in his knees, his shoulders shaking a little. I frowned a little, I've never been so confused in my entire life. But I still sat there, waiting for him to calm down. Once he looked up at me, I asked him again, softly. "What's wrong, Sans?..."

After looking at me for several more seconds, he sighed, then sat up, back against the walk. "*...i wouldn't be able to count how many times i've had to tell you this now... probably over a thousand. but that's besides the point," I sat there, letting him take his time.

"*frisk is... not just a little kid. let's just say that, and they can... reset everything. they can make it so everything just... starts over. and even if they do reset, every time before they do... you die. and every time i can't save you y/n no matter what i try..."

I was still frowning when something flashed across my memory. *i'm trying to save you, don't you see that?!?!
"I see that..."

He whipped his head up to look at me,

"*what..."

"What..." "*how do you remember that?... but that was... about 300 timelines ago..."
"Don't ask me... So... What do you mean, you are trying to save me?"
"*in every timeline, you find some way to die, wether it's a sickness or from your will or just some freak accident you die... " Deaths flashed across my memory as well, and with them, the grief and horror from Sans...

*i could have stopped it

*why wasn't i there

*i should have been more careful

I shuddered. Did he deal with this all the time? Did he always think like this?...
"Oh Sans..." He looked up again to see that I was crying, and his unwavering smile faltered. "D-Do you really have to deal with this?... I'm s-so sorry..." He seemed confused. Have I not apologized to him about this before?

"*w-wha?..." "Have I-I never said sorry?..." "*well... no..." I was shocked. "Well damn I must have been a bitch in every other life..." In between sniffles, Sans chuckled. "*at times..." "Heh..."
I was still a little confused...
"Um, Sans..." "*hm?..." "Why exactly is it so important each time that you saved me?"

He went ridged, realizing that each time he had said this before, they had already been together. He face palmed, cheeks turning a pale blue. "*uuuhm..."
Raising an eyebrow, I waited for him to tell me. "*w-well, uhm..."
"What the hell is it?"
He mumbled something under his breath, his smile quavering.
"Hmm?..."
"*..." His smile actually grew, and for a second a mischievous glint was in his eyes before being replaced with nervousness again.

"*...knock knock," "Really Sans..."

"*c'mon y/n," Groaning, I caved into the joke, "Who's there?"

"*...olive,"
"Uhm, olive who?..."
Then he grin up at me again,

"*olive you...."It took only a split second for me to get the joke. Oh...
I felt my cheeks redden, then found myself laughing at the joke. It got him laughing a little too. When I stopped laughing, I questioned him again, looking at the ground.

"S-So, in every other time line we..." "*yea, if you are asking both dated and... olived, each other then yes..." I actually snorted when he said "olived", and that sent him into a fit of giggles himself.

Then, both of us standing, we walked to the door, opening it and tumbling into both Papyrus and Mettaton, listening through the door. "Wha- HEY!!" Mettaton giggled, running away with Papyrus shouting "NYEH HEH HEH!!!" not far behind him.

"*god damn it..." We stood there for a minute, before Sans started to chuckle. I found myself grinning at the two, snooping at us and soon followed Sans, laughing.

He might have been afraid of me leaving him, but I would make sure that wouldn't happen.
Not this time...
-----------------
AYY DIS ONE HAS SOME FEELS AND IS A LITTLE LONGER AND DA PUN MASTER SAID HE LUVS YA SO I HOPE DIS MAKES UP FOR DA LAST SHORTY CHAPPY
NOW IMMA PROBABLY IMMEDIATELY START WORKING ON THE NEXT ONE AND POST IT AROUND X-MAS!! SO KEEP AN EYE(SOCKET)
OUT FOR IT (oh, and just got a new cover for story!! :D) (SORRY I MAY HAVE ACCIDENTALLY UNPUBLISHED THE STORY FOR A DAY BECAUSE-... TECHNICAL PROBLEMS)
BOI
GG~