Nefarious Means Possible-Part II

Nefarious Means Possible—Part II

Derek drove into the underground parking, still talking to Stiles and listing all the idiosyncrasies his sisters and Uncle possessed, panicking with each second.

Eventually Stiles, smiled softly at him, and grabbed his hand, as the car rested finally in its parking spot.

"Calm down Sourwolf", he hummed, "I'm sure your family is normal as all families are", he opened the door, "Come on let's go up", he hummed softly.

"Why do you have to be so calm?" Derek asked terrified.

"Because you're there. And I'm not as calm as you perceive well not really unruffled either. But I was trained in a way, where I've learnt to suppress many of my emotions, to seemingly minor calmness", he squeezed his hand, and let the man put his finger on his pulse, "See, not calm at all", he huffed, "My nerves are running all over the place, I promise. But as long as you stay by my side, I can conquer anything", he promised.

Neffy meowed her approval and agreement as well.

Derek chuckled as he lifted the cat from Stiles' shoulder and tucked it close to him, and "You weren't kidding about her following you wherever you go", he let her climb his shoulder.

"You should have been there the first day of work; we were tackling this really annoying guy suspected of being a pseudo-CI was actually a Narcotics Ring Head. I accidentally fell asleep at the office, and Emily went to my place to get some change of clothes and food, with Rogers her fiancé—well married now", he chuckled, "This little Nefarious kitty snuck into my duffle-bag she hadn't zipped up properly", he smiled softly and looked up to Derek.

The older man—because he turned out to be eight years older than Stiles—and a senior Fire-Marshall.

"You must have been surprised", Derek stated easily.

"We all just about had a heart attack when the bag started moving all over", Stiles sighed, and "I remember Emily and Rogers both screamed high-pitched screams", he pointed out.

Derek snickered, and "It must have been interesting", he laughed.

"Interesting", he smiled, "That may very well be one way to put it", he agreed.

They smiled at each other, staring for maybe a little too long, and would have continued had Neffy not jumped from Derek's arms, and to Stiles shoulder.

Both men scrambled to steady her, as she climbed up the younger boy's shoulder and nested on his gelled hair.

Stiles lifted her and pet her, "I'm sorry", he hummed, "We should go; I do believe she's getting restless", he turned to Derek.

Nodding Derek walked to an Elevator and punched in a code, "This elevator goes straight up to the internal apartment floor", he informed, "Please", he waited and ushered Stiles in gently.

Stiles leant into the warm hand, on the small of his back and turned up to look at Derek, "You've told me so much about your sisters and Uncle, but what about your folks?" he asked unconsciously, turning completely into Derek's arms.

Derek kept the arm around his back, which now as he turned to face him, slid around his waist, "Dad's a pack dad, he has a job from nine to five at The Hale Family Wolf Preserve, in California!!!" he explained cheekily as the elevator began to steadily climb up.

"Wolf Preserve", Stiles blinked, "Oh well that does explain Laura's sudden intrigue, when I compared you to a wolf", he hummed softly.

Derek's fingers twitched, "Among several other reasons. I assure you", he leant down just so, "It's a se-cr-et", he stated softly.