Chapter Twenty Five

I stared at the white ceiling above me. I had only been stuck in this room for a few days but I was already annoyed by it. I didn't deserve to be in a mental institute. I did nothing wrong.

I couldn't hear the voice or see the rats anymore. The doctors here had given me a new medication that actually worked perfectly. I was also lucky that Niall didn't tell anyone that I tried to kill him. If he did, they would keep me here for a few years.

Once I was 18, I could leave. My parents can't make the decision for me anymore and I was thankful. I wanted to spend my birthday with Liam. Not with loads of crazy people.

The door to my room opened, making me look up. A nurse smiled at me. "You have a visitor Harry." I nodded. I got up and followed her out to the living room where my visitor was waiting. Visitors here could go anywhere except the rooms. We were all teens here after all.

I smiled when I saw Liam standing with his back facing me. I thanked the nurse and ran up to Liam. I wrapped my arms around his waist from behind. "You came to see me." I whispered. I was scared he wouldn't come. I thought he would realize how horrible this illness was and leave me. But he was here.

Liam turned around, wrapping his arms around me. "Of course I did. I love you." I smiled against his chest. I knew everyone else was staring at us but I didn't care. I was just so happy.

He pulled away, leaning down to kiss me. "When are you getting out of here?" He asked, sitting on the couch. I sat next to him and he placed an arm around my shoulders. "Tomorrow. It's also my birthday tomorrow." Liam smiled and nodded. "I wouldn't forget."

I then looked down, my smile disappearing completely. Liam frowned. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I tried to kill Niall. I jumped on him and started strangling him."

"The voice told you to?" I nodded. "Then it isn't your fault. Did you talk to him yet?" I nodded again.

"I talked to him on the phone. He said he wasn't mad or anything but I still feel bad."

Liam pulled me closer, kissing the top of my head. "That's normal Harry. It shows that you care." I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I was pathetic. I always ended up crying when I was with Liam.

Liam rubbed my back, bringing me in his arms. I started sobbing as more tears fell. "I'm tired Liam. I'm tired of this stupid illness."

"I know love." He whispered, tightening his grip on me. After a few minutes I calmed down. I looked up at Liam and damn, he was beautiful. I didn't understand why he had chosen me out of everyone else. He could be dating a model if he wanted to but instead, he was with me.

"I love you Liam." He smiled. "If only you knew how much you meant to me Harry." He whispered, making my heart beat faster.

As he held me in his arms, I felt invincible. It was like even the pain of my illness couldn't reach me. I had Liam and that was it. I didn't need anything else. I think that was the power of love.