Chapter Fourteen

My eyes scanned the room. I expected waking up in a hospital bed, but I didn't. I was in my room at Liam's house. My pills were on the bedside table with a glass of water. I knew I had to take them. I slowly sat up, wincing at the pain I was feeling. I then grabbed the pills, swallowing them with water.

Liam the walked in, relief washing over his features when seeing I was awake. He came over and sat on the bed. "How are you feeling?" He asked in a low voice.

"I'm in pain." I answered, looking down at my hands. I was embarrassed with what happened.

He thought I was childish before. He must really think I'm just a kid now.

"Mind telling me why you were hurting yourself?" I looked up at me and bit my lip. He raised an eyebrow, waiting for an answer.

"I needed to be punished." He frowned a little. "For what?"

"For being attracted to you." There was no point in lying. He would get the truth out of me at some point anyways. I was saving the both of us some time.

He moved closer to me, shaking his head. He grabbed my hand and brought it up to his lips, kissing it lightly. "Don't do that. Being attracted to another male isn't wrong."

I shook my head, which hurt. "It says in the bible that it's wrong." A small smile played on his lips, leaving me confused. Nothing about this should bring happiness to someone.

"You read the bible?" He asked. I felt my cheeks heat up as I nodded.

When god is talking to you and saying you're an angel, you feel the need to read the bible. I had to do it.

"Are you even Christian?" I shook my head. He chuckled and leaned over to peck my lips. I let him. I had been craving his lips ever since they left mine last time.

He pulled away and smiled at me. "You trust me, don't you?" I nodded. "Then trust me when I say that being gay isn't wrong. It's natural. The bible is just a book."

I couldn't help but nod. I believed him. God couldn't actually want to hurt me for my sins. God wanted everyone to be happy after all.

My eyes widened slightly. "I hurt Mark." I said. "Liam, I hurt him." He rubbed my arm and shushed me. "Mark will be alright. No worries."

"Everyone is looking for me. My mom must be freaking out!" Liam shook his head. "Niall called and said you were with him."

I frowned. "But Niall doesn't know where I am." I said. He smiled. "Actually, he's downstairs. He's a pretty nice guy. Likes to talk."

I chuckled, making my head hurt. At this point, I learned to enjoy Niall's company. I even liked it when he talked. It was better then silence. And his accent was soothing.

I leaned my head back and stared at Liam. "Didn't we break up?" I asked, remembering him kicking me out with my things.

He shook his head. "Sorry about that. I was just really jealous. I now understand how you feel about Ray."

I was hoping he would say that he was going to end it with Ray. But he just stared at me with a small smile.

"You need to rest. Lucky you, Ray is out of town to study a new medicine or something like that. So you can stay here for a few days while you recover."

"I'm sorry." I said, making him frown. "For what?"

"Acting like I did." He shook his head. "You need to understand that it isn't your fault."

A knock was then heard on the door. "Can I come in? Or are you naked while you play adult doctor. I'm not homophobic but I don't really want to see what you guys do." Niall said from the other side. I giggled while Liam rolled his eyes with a smile.

"We're all dressed Niall. You can come in." Liam told him. Niall till walked in with a hand over his eyes. He then peeked through his fingers and sighed in relief when he saw that we weren't naked or anything.

"You two are cute and stuff but Louis is looking for you. You know, that guy who just happens to be your boyfriend."

"Just tell him I'm sleeping." I said.

"Can't. He just went by my place and saw that we weren't there. He also went to your place. I can only imagine the look on your mom's face when he told her that he was your boyfriend." My eyes widened. "He told her?!"

Niall shrugged. "He did. But we have bigger problems here. Louis wants to know where you are. I'm not going to tell him that we're here."

I let out a sigh. Having a boyfriend was so much trouble. "Tell him we went out and we're busy."

Niall nodded and took out his phone, sending the message to Louis. He then looked up at us with a smile. "Do I have to leave so you two can play doctor?" He asked, pointing towards the door.

"Just leave Niall." Liam said. Niall walked out, closing the door behind him. Liam then got up and lied next to my on the bed. "So Niall knows about us." I said. Liam nodded.

"He's cool with it. Now get some rest. I'll be right here." I slowly lied back down, closing my eyes. Liam wrapped an arm around me, making me feel secure.

"Liam?" I whispered. He hummed in response. "I think I love you."

"Well, I know I love you."