Chapter Twenty Two

"You're actually going to go see this guy?" Gemma asked, following me around the house while I got ready. I rolled my eyes and nodded. "I have to. I love him."

"But he seems old for you, no? And didn't you say he had a girlfriend?" I put on my shoes and grabbed my wallet, heading for the door.

"I'll talk to him about it." She let out a sigh in defeat and told me to have a good time. I smiled at her and walked out the front door.

The walk to the beach wasn't very long. Gemma was lucky to have found a place this close.

I looked around for a moment when I reached the beach, trying to find Liam. He was nowhere in sight so I took a seat on a bench and waited for him.

I put my head back, closing my eyes and simply listening to the waves crashing down on the beach and all the laughter and talking from people around. All the noise blocked out that single voice that stuck with me everywhere I went. I was glad that it wasn't here in this moment. Going crazy in such a public place would be horrible.

Something hit me in the arm, making me open my eyes. "Fizzy what the hell?!" I turned my head at the familiar voice. Fizzy stood further away with a smirk on her face while Louis was jogging towards me to get their American football.

Louis smiled slightly when he reached me. "Hey, Sorry about that." I simply starred at him. This couldn't be happening. What was he doing in LA? Liam could be here any second and everything would go wrong if he saw Louis here with me.

"I didn't know you were in LA. Are you and your mom on vacation?" He asked. I shook my head. "I'm visiting my sister."

He frowned. "I thought she was...Dead." I starred at him for a moment, waiting for him to realize that it was just another outcome of my illness. His face softened when he realized.

"Why are you here?" I asked, trying to change subject. "Family vacation." He shrugged like it was nothing while my mom had to use all her savings to send me here.

I looked around to see if Liam was anywhere near but still nothing. "You should get back to them." I said.

"Why are you sitting here if you're visiting your sister?" He asked this time. I let out a sigh. I didn't have to hide my feelings towards another men anymore. Me and Louis weren't together. Anyways, I wanted people to know about my love for Liam.

"I'm waiting for Liam." He frowned. "That guy came here with you?" I shook my head. He kind of did but not exactly. He just followed me without my knowing.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. I went to get you something at the shop and the line was huge." I looked up to see Liam panting, out of breath. He was red and sweating like crazy. He was so hot.

He then looked up, seeing Louis. He didn't freak out or anything like I had suspected him to. Instead, he smiled. "Hello. Is everyone in LA or something?" He laughed after, letting us know it was a silly joke. I smiled at how cute he sounded.

Louis stared at him with a frown. "Whatever. I'll see you at school or something Harry." He then turned around and walked back to his family. Liam sat next to me, putting an arm on the bench behind me. With his free hand, he held out a bag.

"For you." He said. I looked down at the bag, taking it in my hands. I giggled once I saw what was inside. "Japanese candy?" I asked, looking at all the sweets in the bag. He smiled and nodded. "They looked good and I thought we could try them together or you could try them with your sister."

I smiled, still looking down in the bag. It was something simple but I loved it. Just knowing that he thought about me made my day.

He then cleared his throat. "I'm sorry for everything I did." I looked up at him. "I understand it's hard for you. I love you more then anything Harry. I just need some time to figure things out. I don't want to leave Ray with nothing. Even if I don't love her the way I love you, I still care about her."

I nodded. His words made me fall deeper in love with him. I wasn't mad anymore. I couldn't be even if I tried.

He leaned closer, going in for a kiss. I smiled when his lips met mine. No one knew us here so we could be a normal couple that day.

I was just scared that he would change his mind once we were back home.