Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

Mum said that we just have some basic pizzas from the shop and told me to sort my stuff out for tomorrow and unpack my bag from Phil's. I did as instructed and found that Phil had left a note on my bag.

Hi Danny,

Just writing to say that I love you and I know that you aren't looking forward to school tomorrow but that's okay because you have Chris, PJ and I to keep you happy :)

I love you,

Phil :) x

I texted Phil a nice message saying thank you and gathered all the things that I needed for school.

Since I had read that text, I felt a bit more confident for my return to school but I was till very concerned, if people knew why I hadn't been at school for a while, then I'd never hear the end of it.

School has given me permission for the time I was healing and with a bandage on to wear a black hoodie so less suspicion would occur, but to me that just adds more attention to the situation.

At six am I woke up and began to get ready being as my bus arrived at eight. I know it's early but if I didn't get up at six then I wouldn't be able to have a leisurely morning. I got up and got changed before going to get breakfast, my Mum was still asleep so I had to be cautious of noise levels.

After breakfast I then went back upstairs, straightened my hair, got back into bed and set up my laptop. I still had just under an hour and a half before I had to move again and walk to the bus stop.

At half seven, I heard my Mum begin to stir and some feet tapping against the floor before she knocked three times and came in.

"Good morning," she said when she came in.

"Morning Mum,"

"Ready for the big day?"

"No."

In response, she started to laugh then finish talking.

"You'll be fine Dan, you've got Phil and I know that he'll look after you as best as he can. Keep that one close."

"I was planning to Mum," I said and smiled, just thinking about Phil made me ecstatic, "anyway, if we don't want me to be late then we should get going."

"Okay, I'll just grab the keys," Mum then proceeded in grabbing the keys from the stairs and defrosting the car from the minimal frost which rested and shimmered on the car.

On the way to school we got Phil. School told me to arrive slightly earlier so I could arrange with the teachers how I could stay as close to Phil as possible.

"Right," Mr Sherlock said as soon as we say down, "welcome back Dan. We've made sure that you're in every class with the accepting if Drama but I believe you're friends with Chris Kendall, am I correct?"

I nodded.

"You're with him. No physical education for three months and Phil you'll stay with Dan for the first month and a half for this. Any problems what so ever you must tell any member of staff. It'll be okay Howell."