Under The Mistletoe

A/N: okay so there was this thing i was gonna do and it was a ficmas thing but i wrote the first one and was never able to finish the rest but yeah

Word Count: 417

Genre: Drabble, Fluff

Summary: cute phan dancing to christmas music and kissing under mistletoe (aka my absolute favorite kind of fic im super cheesy like that)

Phil swung Dan around, laughing as he bumped into the sofa.

Their flat smelled of spices, like cinnamon, but also with a hint of the pine candles Phil loved so much. The lighting was dim; fairy lights draped across the mantle, and small candles burning throughout the room. It was actually clean for once; video games put away, filming equipment in the closet where it belonged, and Christmas decorations about, smiling happily on the young couple dancing.

Dan leaned his head on Phil's chest, calming the movements that were getting rather erratic. He swayed to the soft Christmas music that had lead him to be dancing with Phil.

It was pretty, Phil thought, the snow gently falling outside, streetlights glimmering through the window. Even in the middle of London, it seemed, that the whole street was holding its breath.

There was a kind of magic in the air, and as the two danced and swayed, it only got stronger, bringing them a sense of peace and contentment.

A car drove past on the cold streets, but even something as unnatural as a car was not enough to disrupt the serendipity of the moment.

Phil led them, slowly towards the kitchen, and the mood seemed to follow.

The smell was slightly different here; nutmeg, and sweets. Like a candy shop in the week before Christmas. Candles and soft, warm lights lined the hallway, creating an air of coziness. Fairy lights followed the length of the ceiling in the hallway, inviting them down the hallway to the mistletoe at the end of the hallway.

Phil slipped out of Dan's firm, but warm grip, and glided to the end of the corridor, stopping only under the mistletoe, smiling fondly at Dan, as if inviting him to join him.

Dan slowly made his way to Phil, almost in a teasing sort of manner, before finally meeting Phil at the end of the hallway.

Once again having Dan by his side, Phil grasped Dan and pulled him close, swaying to the faint music coming from the lounge. Phil put his head on Dan's shoulder, but Dan pulled his chin up, and then Phil was gazing into Dan's eyes, which were as warm as the apartment.

"Love is a term used so loosely, but believe me when I say I could not be more in love."

The words were whispered by Dan, so quietly it almost could not be heard.

But they were heard, and Phil kissed Dan softly, smiling ever so slightly.