Student Teaching

A/N: hey soz this is so late but ive been super busy plus i got a 3ds whoo give me your friend codes

Word Count: 2459

Phil was pissed. And not in the drunk kind of way; the angry way.

"What do you mean you can't make it to work today‽ We have that huge evaluation, remember? I can't do well with a sub working with me? Why can't Chris just stay home and take care of her? Or get a babysitter?" Phil was, in a way, pissed.

"Listen, what do you want me to do? Chris is already in his meeting, and by the time I can get a babysitter that I trust, the school day is going to be over. Jacky is sick! I'm not going to leave my daughter home for a work evaluation. It isn't even that important!" PJ protested against Phil's accusations.

"PJ, please! I don't want to have to deal with a clueless substitute teacher on the day that school administrators are coming in and looking at our classes!"

"Okay, so when Chris gets home and Jacky is in her bed with a bowl full of vomit, I can tell him you were a jackass and made me come to school leaving our sick daughter home alone? Our four year old daughter? He'll totally love you, Phil."

"Alright, I guess I'm just annoyed. Sorry," Phil apologized. "But seriously, if Chris or someone ends up being able to take care of her, can you let them and come to work?"

"Fine. It's the first time she's been sick since we adopted her, so I want to be here for her. I've got to go, Jacky just came into the kitchen looking miserable. Call me at lunch?"

"Whatever. The sub just walked in- holy shite, Peej, he's hot!" Phil looked at the young man that had just walked through PJ's classroom door and held up a finger, signaling wait a minute."

"Cool, hope you get laid tonight. See ya, Jacky wants me to read her a story. Hold on Jacky, Daddy's talking to Uncle Phil," PJ obviously said to his daughter. "She wants to say hi," PJ laughed.

"Hi Jacky, I hope you feel better!"

"Me too, Phiwy. Bye!" The four year old sang.

"Bye Peej, see you later." Phil looked up at the brown haired man who had just entered.

Eyeing him up and down, Phil noticed his caramel brown hair and chocolate eyes, glinting with a hint of mischief. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a black Givenchy shirt.

"Isn't that a little bit expensive for just a shirt?" Phil motioned to the clothing.

"Gee, nice to meet you too. I'm Dan Howell, PJ Ligouri's sub for today, and my mum bought me the shirt for my birthday. I actually appreciate his work, unlike some people."

"Well, I'm Phil Lester. PJ and I teach together, but we have an evaluation by the admin today, so just make sure the kids are on task, basically. I'll teach everything," Phil explained, shaking Dan's hand.

"So Mr. Ligouri isn't your... partner then?"

"Um, no. He's married and his daughter is sick, so he's staying home with her. We've known each other for years, though. Been friends since form," Phil explained. "Here's a copy of our schedule for today. How long have you been teaching?"

Dan took the paper from him. "It's my first year, I'm still in school. They just needed someone last minute, so they were like 'Hey, this Ligouri guy team teaches, let's just send a university kid to supervise'. I'm student teaching next year, though. You?"

"This is both me and Peej's second year teaching. We went straight out of form and into Uni, then to teaching. We're both 25."

"Took a gap year. I'm 23."