Roommate's

• Dedicated to Maddie

Roommates.

“Love you mom!” I yelled, as I walked into my apartment. She honked her horn. I was at my new apartment for college. I was a freshman at Berkley. I did not want a dorm so I got an apartment, plus a roommate. Whom I didn’t know, her name was Grey. (May change) She would be moving in two weeks, which meant I got to pick my room first.  Lucky me. My name is Spencer Grace Evans. I am 18, soon to be 19.  I am at Berkley on a swimming scholarship. I have never really had a serious boyfriend. Nor do I want one. I am pretty. Brown long hair natural blonde highlights. My eyes are blue gray and some say on some days purple.  I love my life and am hoping to have a wonderful college experience. Well then back to my story. I grabbed my first box and dragged it into my room. I starred at the blank walls that were taunting me. "Haha, you are all alone now" they nagged. I rolled my eyes I was going CRAZY. I cannot hear walls. I opened the box and looked through the pictures. There were pictures of my sisters and me, Jasmine who was 10 and Courtney who was 8. I smiled and hung it on the not so bare walls. After unpacking almost every box I lay on my bed. It creaked in protest of being used. I laughed this will be fun. I texted my mom, "New bed? Queen? Can I get mine from home my bed comes alive" I sent. She replied in 2 minutes. "Yes. I'll bring it by tomorrow." Good luck I lived two hours away. I was studying undergrad at Berkley and then I will go to law school. Undecided for that. I opened the fridge in my kitchen. It was bare. I groaned. I walked outside locked my door and jumped in my car. A 2011 Honda Civic. I drove to a nearby grocery. It toke me two hours but I did it. 

I came home and fell asleep. 

The next morning I went to sign up for classes. I made sure swimming was in my everyday schedule and I made sure my classes involved Law. I really wanted to take up either Malpractice or Personal Injury or defense. I was serious about it. Dead Serious. People take one look at me and think I should be a model. I think that is stupid. I used to want to be a model but I changed my mind. I walked around campus and ran into a few friends. I was walking into a starbuck's as I was tackled. I turned and gave Casey a hug. "CASE" I yelled. She laughed. She was beautiful. I mean drop dead. She had beautiful blonde hair. She was a model. She worked for Victoria's Secret part time and was studying to be a photographer the other half. She has been my best friend for as long as I can remember. I love her to death.  She has had the same boyfriend all through high school and into college. His name is Johnston. He is super adorable and a great friend. He keeps as both grounded. We were all best friends and then they started dating. Even when they broke up senior year before they got back together we were all still friends. I hugged Casey harder and let go. She smiled “You have to see our apartment! It is amazing” I laughed “you should see mine as soon as my roommate comes!” “of course she laughed.  We parted ways and I went home to finish my last box and go furiture shopping. 

A.N I hopw you guys read this.