Chapter 1

Katniss

I sit at the bar, playing with the label of my piña colada wine cooler. The red mark on my cheek still stings and I remember the fight with Gale so clearly now, but I don't want to think of it. I look at the sparkling little diamond on my finger in disgust. It was a mistake to marry at twenty. I hadn't known that in time, marrying your childhood best friend wouldn't do anything good for me, I never would have said yes. I take a sip from my drink and notice someone sitting across the bar from me.

Ash blonde hair that sweeps across his forehead in waves. A square jaw and just the faintest hint of dark blonde stubble. And the most striking blue eyes I've ever seen, framed by long blonde lashes. He smiles at me from across the bar and I just look at my half finished drink. He gets up and starts walking towards me. I quickly take off my engagement ring and wedding band, slipping them in my purse as he walks over. I pull my dress skirt down from where it started riding up, not that it was very long to begin with. He stops beside me and gives me the kind of smile that typically melts a girl's heart and leaves a wet spot in their panties.

"Anyone sitting here?" he asks and I shrug.

"Not since I sat down," I say and he takes a seat next to me. He holds out his hand to shake mine.

"Peeta," he says very gentlemanly like. I smile as I hold out my hand and he gently grasps it in his, kissing my knuckles.

"Katniss," I reply.

"That's a pretty name," he says. "So I take it you're alone tonight?"

"For tonight I am," I say.

"You know, it's dangerous these days for a woman to be out at a bar by herself," he comments and I laugh a little.

"Maybe it is, but I'm not alone anymore am I?" I say and he laughs too.

"Can I buy you another?" he asks referring to the nearly empty bottle in my hands. I think it over for a moment and smirk.

"I like piña coladas," I say and he quickly gets the bartender's attention and orders one, a real one this time and a scotch on the rocks for himself. We sit and talk for a long time, cracking jokes and sharing various likes and dislikes.

After a while, I feel his hand make its way onto my leg and a tingle of warmth makes itself at home in my gut. I just keep talking to him, pretending I don't even notice it. But I can't really ignore it as it slowly creeps higher to the point that it's resting completely under my skirt.

"I think you should take me to dinner first," I say as I try to move it away but he only slips it further up, onto my inner thigh.

"Most places worthy of a girl like you are closed by now," he says and I feel myself blush. He takes his hand off my leg and turns to me. He gently cups my cheek and gently pulls me into a kiss. I feel warmth flood my body and that fire that had slowly faded over my five years of being married to Gale rekindles itself, blazing brighter and stronger than before. I pull away from him and smile.

"You wanna get out of here?" I hear him ask in my lovesick daze and I just nod, allowing him to help me up as I grab my purse. He leads me out to his car and opens the passenger door for me. I step into it and sink into the black leather seat as he walks around the front. My brain tells me to get out now and go home, try to make up with Gale. But my heart wins out, saying its time for me to do something for me and forget the consequences. He gets in and starts driving towards a motel. As he does, his hand replaces itself on the inside of my thigh, so high up that the tips up his fingertips tease the crotch of my black lace thong. I bite my lip to to keep from moving, not wanting to let him know how much I need him to touch me there right now.

"You're trembling," he comments and I just smile at him.

"I haven't done something like this in a very long time," I admit as he pulls up to the place this will all go down. He looks at me, his gentle blue eyes questioning.

"We don't have to do this," he says. "I can just take you home." I lean foreword and gently give him a kiss. I pull away smiling.

"Go get us a room," I whisper and he gets up, getting out of the car before helping me out. I follow him in and am kind of in a daze as he pays for our room and walks with me to room number 12. He opens the door for me and the dim, pale blue walls seem to glow and as I hear the door shut behind us I turn to him. I unlock my phone and turn on some music. I walk over to him and lay my arms around his neck. I start kissing him and I feel his hands pull me closer to him, making me feel that he is just as affected by tonight as I am. His hands reach around me and lift me up by my butt. I wrap my legs around his waist and allow him to carry me over to the bed. He lays me down and our kisses turn more hungry He starts sucking on my neck and I feel more warmth start pooling at my core. I feel his arm reach for my zipper and I lift myself up so he can pull it down. He pulls my dress down and off my body, the black silken fabric pooling at the end of the bed. I reach for his shirt and as I play with the hem, he gets the hint and slips it over his head and proves to me what I already knew as he lifted me up. He is well built, the outlines of his muscles soft and elegant. I reach for his neck and pull him back down to me.

He starts kissing down my body, stopping at my bra. He runs his fingers over the lace, sending tingles through my body. I arc my back and he unhooks it. I shrug it off my shoulders and feel his eyes judging me. He starts kissing and sucking on my breasts and I can't help but let out a small moan. I feel his right hand sneaking lower and my thighs press themselves together. But his hand is précis rant and I feel his knee gently pry them apart and he starts rubbing over my panties. I grip the sheets like my life depends on it as I feel him start to pull the flimsy material down my legs. As I feel his fingers touch my bare skin I gasp and he looks up at me, smiling.

He slowly makes his way back up to my lips. His hand still plays with folds and I moan into his lips. Somehow, I wake myself from the spell he's putting on me long enough to reach for his belt and start removing his jeans. The tent in his boxers both excites and frightens me. I hook my legs behind his back and pull him down onto me. He gently kisses my lips and the need to have in in me grows. I don't care that he is a complete stranger right now. The way he's touching me and kissing me, I feel like he could be the one I've waited all my life for. The one who I didn't see because of my childish decision of marrying Gale.

"Peeta," I whisper. "I want it now." He lifts off me slightly and I feel him reaching for something. I later learn it was a condom. I hook my toes into the waistband of his boxers and slowly pul them down while he puts on the protection. I feel him line himself at my entrance and his blue eyes lock on my own.

"Katniss, I need to know that you're absolutely sure," he asks and I nod, reaching up and griping his shoulders.

"I am," I whisper and pull him into a kiss. I feel him thrust into me and we both groan. He's bigger than Gale and it takes a moment for me to adjust, but when I do, everything just feels so right.

He brings me to a high my husband could never give me and I feel loved. Unlike Gale, where it's just him trying to find release, practically ignoring me, Peeta keeps kissing me, making me feel like I'm more than just a toy to be used. I now understand why some people call this making love.

We don't stop until the early morning. I lay sprawled across his body, both of us exhausted. His warm embrace holds me close and he kisses the top of my head. I lay my head on his chest, over his heart, and feel the reality I had been denying sink in. Part of me hates myself for doing this, for just throwing the commitment I made to Gale out the window and breaking my vows.

But the part of me that won tonight, the part that drove me to get into that car tonight, doesn't care as I fall asleep in my new lovers arms.

(Song of the chapter- "A Little Less Talk" ~Toby Keith)