Chapter 6

Katniss

As Peeta talks about what happened to Emily, I feel dread build in my heart. I knew that happened to people. My mom is a neonatal and pediatric surgeon. That's the harsh reality she faces every day. But Peeta and Delly, they didn't deserve that. By the end, Peeta has tears in his eyes and I find myself curling closer to him.

I kiss his cheek and lay my head on his chest. His arm slips around my waist and presses my chest against his.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that," I say and he shakes his head.

"I don't need your pity," he says and I lift my head to look up at him.

"I'm not pitying you," I say. "I'm just saying what I feel. I hate to think you had to go through that." I press my lips to his and we share a long, sweet kiss. I pull away from him and he smiles. He smiles sadly at me, his blue eyes shining with his tears in the faint light.

"You have no idea the affect you have on me, Baby Doll," he says. "When I'm with you, I feel like I'm finally whole. I know we barely just met but-" I finish his sentence for him.

"This is more than just sex," I say. "I know Peeta. I feel it too."

"I wish this were a different world, one where we wouldn't have to hide," he says and I nod.

"I know," I say. "But we need to be sure. We can't just leave our lives. Our families would shame us. And I'm still not sure what this is. I just know I've never felt it before."

"What does it feel like for you?" He asks.

"It hurts," I say. "It hurts to know I'm already married. It hurts to know you have Delly. But most of all, it hurts not being able to be with you."

"It hurts me too," he says. "And I have felt it before. But never in this way. Never like I needed to touch you just to stay alive."

"When did you feel it before?" I ask. He looks at me with a faint smile on his lips.

"I felt it with my daughter," he says. "I felt like she was what I needed to be whole."

"You almost make it sound as though you think you know what it is," I say.

"I do," he says. "I think it's love." I look at him with sad eyes wondering if he's right.

"I wouldn't know," I say. "I don't think I've ever been in love. I don't know what love is really." He just smiles and gently lifts me up.

I hold onto him as he starts carrying me through my house as though I way nothing. He takes me upstairs and its almost like he's been here before as he opens the door to the guest room I spend a lot of nights in when I want to get away from my husband. The room I'm pretty much all but sent to when I start tossing and turning from a nightmare. The blue walls remind me of Peeta's eyes and I watch as he carefully lays me on the dark blue bed. I look up at him and he smiles at me in pure adoration.

"Let me fix that, Princess," he says. I feel blush cover my cheeks and I smile. I'm not used to the names Peeta calls me in these intimate moments. Slut, Bitch, Whore or any variation of those is what I always got with Gale. But Peeta, he calls me Princess and Baby and Darling and Sweetheart. Even just my name on his lips sounds like music when he says it.

I'm brought out of my daze when I feel him slipping my panties down my legs. I didn't even feel him take off my sweatpants I was in such a daze. I feel him graze his fingers over my freshly shaved must sensitive area and I shiver at his warm touch. I feel him spread my lips open and slip one of his fingers in, making me moan. I feel his thumb find my little pleasure button and he starts rubbing it slow and teasingly. I cry out a little as he sneaks a second finger into me and pumps them in and out of me. I groan and lay my head back against the covers. He draws me closer and closer to that high he brought me to last night and I feel my breathing turn into a full out pant. Just as I'm about to fall into my pleasure free fall when he stops rubbing me and his wet fingers slip out of me. I lift my head and glare at him.

"Why'd you stop?" I ask, annoyance clear in my strained voice. He just smirks at me. He grabs me by the butt and pulls me so I nearly fall off the edge of the bed. He disappears as he kneels down on the floor and spreads my thighs, rubbing small circles on my inner thighs. I gasp as I feel him start to kiss, lick, and suck on my already very wet core. I find my legs try to close on their own accord, but Peeta just holds them open, still rubbing small circles at the apex of my thighs.

I can't even lift my head. It's like invisible binds hold down my head. Even though I've never had anyone do this to me before, I know exactly what's going on between my legs. Even though Gale was thrilled with blowjobs, returning the favor never seemed to be on his agenda. I let out a squeal as Peeta's tongue finds my entrance and starts mimicking the movements of his fingers earlier as one of his hands replaces his mouth on my already swollen clit.

" Peeta," I moan out, unable to form any words but that of my lover's name. He doesn't respond, obviously a little occupied at the moment. I feel that tightening of my core again and I start mewling like a kitten as it spills over. My arms are over my head, gripping the headboard for dear life while my legs act like a boa constrictor, pinning Peeta closer to me.

I scream out his name again as the storm hits and slowly, my muscles relax and he's released. He crawls onto the bed, hovering over my quaking body, and smiles at me. I pull him into a hungry kiss, not at all bothers by the musky taste of myself on his lips. I feel his hand slipping under my T-shirt and he starts taking advantage of a fact he knows very well the way he was pressing me to his chest earlier.

That I did not put a bra on after I took my shower after work. He keeps smirking at me, teasing me as I recover enough to start slipping his clothing off. When it gets to the point of each of us only wearing one article of clothing, I decide to do my own teasing, just playing with his not so little friend through his boxers.

"Katniss," he hisses and I just laugh.

"This is what you get for toying with me earlier," I say and he looks at me with annoyance. He slips his hands out from under my shirt and yanks it over my head. He starts sucking on my neck, that little sweet spot he's discovered, causing me to let go of him long enough for him to remove the scrap of clothing separating us. I feel his friend resting at the top of my leg and I groan. So close but so far away. I start mewling and it's embarrassing the affect he too has on me. He starts moving, slowly and teasingly.

"Say you're sorry," he says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because then I'll give you what you want," he says.

"How do you know I want that?" I ask and he smirks, reaching between my legs and placing his finger in me for a short moment before pulling it up for me to see how wet the area between my legs has become in anticipation.

"I think that answers that," he says and I reach out, wrapping my hands around his member, finding he's somehow already slipped on protection without me knowing.

"Peeta," I groan.

"I'm listening," he says. "Say your sorry Baby. Then you'll get what you need." I bite my lip, finding all of this humiliating. Not in a bad way though.

"I'm sorry," I grumble.

"What was that?" He asks.

"I'm sorry!" I say. "Now are you gonna mount up or am I gonna have to get on top?"

"Maybe not right now," he says finally slipping into me, making me moan out. "But I would love to have you do that sometime."

We make love multiple times and that high he brings me all over again is just as thrilling if not more than last night. And I now realize what he was doing teasing me the way he did.

He was showing me how much love hurts. That's when I realize that I now know what love is.

It's that pain in your heart you feel when you don't have them near you.

And that's something I never felt with Gale.

(Song of the Chapter: "I Wanna Know What Love Is" ~Foreigner)