Chapter 17

Brandon Jackson|BJ

I pulled up to Jamerica's job, pulling the Publix bag from the back seat, I got out the car. I walked in the front, and she came out with her purse. I handed her the bag, she opened it smiling.

"Thank you so much, I was starving.", she stated. I nodded and pulled my phone out to call JJ.

"You picking KJ up, right?"

"Yeah, I got him. I have to take him to get a hair cut today anyway.", I replied. She nodded her head and looked over at me again. I dialed JJ's number and waited for him to pick up.

"What's up man.", JJ answered.

"We need to solve this issue, meet me at the spot in like thirty?"

"Aight. Oh, and you sliding to Kyri birthday event tomorrow, right?", he asked.

"Fasho. I'll just take lil' man to my momma house and he can chill with Hazel until Sunday morning."

"That's a bet."

We both hung up and I rubbed my hand down my face. I'm taking KJ and Jamerica out on Sunday, I have to get KJ a haircut today, I'm going to Kyri party at the strip club tomorrow and I have to find out who these niggas are that popped Quay. Time management is going to be very crucial this weekend.

"You okay?", Jamerica asked. She was standing and staring at me while struggling to remove the wrapping around her fruit bowl.

"Yeah." I took the bowl from her and opened it.

"Thanks." She took it back. "I guess I'll see you later today."

"Fasho.", I replied. She nodded and proceeded to walk to the back. I turned around and left out the clinic, headed for the trap.

"So, what you thinking?", I asked JJ. He nodded and went over to Gus, who was sitting down on a laptop, connected to a bunch of wires and computer systems.

"Gus typed in the license plate number that Jordan gave us and it led back to somebody named Darryl Banks."

"Who the fuck is that?", I questioned.

"I don't know, I just know that he stay here, and his people have a lot of money. His name sounds all classy, so I asked Kyri if she knows him and she said his dad is a major king pin, but he has a lot of cover up businesses. She almost started to work for his law firm until she found out the reality behind all of it.", JJ stated. I shook my head at the thought of some random nigga trying to start shit with us.

"This nigga poppin' out of no where, so there must be some connection to him. Swear, I never met his ass a day in my life.", JJ commented. I thought about all the shit that has been poppin' off lately.

"What ever happened to that nigga Roman? What ever his name is.", I asked out of curiosity.

"Shit, Rosco. That nigga old news, we handled him before you even really got into the game." I nodded my head and continued to think. I really couldn't put my finger on where all this bullshit was coming from.

"Where Quan? He might know some shit.", I stated.

"Nah, Quan just a corner boy, he don't know shit and he don't need to know what's being worked out behind the scenes. Nigga been real low key with us lately, and I don't like the shit.", JJ responded.

"Well shit, I don't know what to say.", I responded. JJ nodded and pulled out twenty five G's, handing them to Gus.

"Preciate it buzz.", he stated. We dapped each other off and went our separate ways.