Chapter 6

Alayah Jones|Lay

I woke up around eleven in my new, fully furnished condo. Today was the day I was going to take Marie out and catch up with her. I got up, out of my bed and walked into my bathroom that was attached to my room and handled my hygiene. After showering and brushing my teeth, I put on some light colored, jeaned shorts , my cork sole sandals, that had floral print and a white base color. I decided to wear a plain white tee shirt and a floral kimono on top.

I walked downstairs to see Trenton cooking breakfast and listening to Rich Homie Quan. He really didn't care about me being in the house because he walks around with no shirt and ballers, all the time. I walked over to where he was and started mocking how he was bobbing his head to the beat.

"Oh, so you think you're funny?", he asked with a smirk. I laughed at him, which resulted in him laughing.

"I'm very funny nigga, and you know it.", I said with a smile. He shook his head and placed the eggs in a plate. He sat all the food out on the table, and we said grace before digging in. After I finished eating, I popped some gum in my mouth and gave my goodbyes before leaving the house.

"So where you trying to go boo?", I asked Marie as she got herself situated in the car.

"I wanted to go to Sky Zone still, but now I don't really want to. Maybe the mall or Cascades park.", she said with a shrug.

"We're going to go to the mall then, because I want to do a little shopping.", I said before driving off.

"So, what mama talking about. Why you don't be coming home on time boo?", I asked her. She sighed heavily before answering.

"Well, I'm sixteen and I do tend to like the male gender. Let stop playing, I have caught mad feelings for this boy and we spend time together. I keep him away from the family because I don't want to introduce him to y'all and bring him around you guys and he just turn out to be another lame nigga.", she said while looking down.

"Have you told mama about him?"

"I've tried, but she spends so much time with Keith, I barely get to see her, let alone talk to her.", she said while rolling her eyes. I shook my head. I figured this was going to happen because when my mom has a boyfriend, she rarely pays attention to us.

"Okay, well on to more important things. Are y'all having sex, and be honest Marie.", I told her. I wasn't going to fuss at her or make her feel bad, and she knew that. Plus, I know how it is being young and you have people around you that have sex, you can easily get influenced when you have no one to go to about the situation. I held out until I was eighteen and gave my V card away to a fuck nigga, but not everyone can wait that long.

"No. He has given me head though.", she said with a shrug. I nodded and didn't reply considering that I couldn't say anything about that.

"I want you to meet him and maybe you can give me a little advice on what to do.", she said with a smile.

"Invite him to the mall." I said while pulling into the mall parking lot. She nodded her head before picking up her phone and making a phone call. Once I parked, we got out the car and walked inside, I headed for Rue 21.

Marie and I walked around the store, and I told her to grab anything she likes, and try them on. We would go through the clothes and the prices after finding what fit us, and what didn't. Once we tried on clothes, the ones we couldn't fit, or didn't like, we placed them on the racks outside the dressing room, which left us both with about ten to fifteen items. I purchased the clothes and then we decided to stop and get smoothies, considering we had spent two hours in one store.