Chapter 12

Rashod Thomas|Shoddo

"Bro, you called her fucking damaged goods, I would have kicked your ass out to and your girl deserved to get her ass beat.", Trent said as we played basketball on the court at Jacks.

"I didn't mean for it to come out the way it did. I really just wanted her and Brandy to get along, but shit, I can call that off. I just feel like Jamerica shouldn't have hit her.", I said while dribbling down the court.

"Nah man. She was disrespecting Jamerica in her own house, she had it coming. I'm pretty sure if KJ wouldn't have been there, your girl would be in the hospital. She can scrap, but Jamerica had her beat bro.", he said while stealing the ball and running back down the court, making a lay up. He grabbed the ball and then sent it back my way.

"I guess bro. Speaking of that, I need to go talk to Brandy and make sure she straight. She was mad at me when I dropped her off last night, so I need to go talk to her.", I said. He nodded and then watched me as I passed the basketball in between my legs, just as I was about to make a move, a couple niggas came onto the court.

"Y'all down to play two on two?", One of them asked. Trent and I looked at each other before shrugging and agreeing. We all started playing, and Trent and I were up by five points. We were playing twenty one and Trent and I needed one more three pointer in order to win.

"Pass the ball!", Trent said while holding his arm out. The nigga that was guarding him was absolute garbage and I knew he was close enough the make the three, nigga aim good as fuck. I quickly broke the nigga that was guarding me ankles and passed Trent the ball. Once he got a grasp on the ball, he went for the three, which he scored. I stood on the court, using my shirt to wipe my sweat and then dapped up the nigga that was guarding me.

"You good defense bro.", I said.

"Preciate it. What's your name though?", he asked.

"Shoddo.", I said. He nodded and then wiped some of his sweat with his shirt.

"Forty.", he said. I nodded and then went over to the benches, which is where my duffle bag sat. I took the four Gatorades out my bag, which I had originally brought for me and Trent, and handed them out to Forty, his home boy, and Trent.

"It was a good game.", Forty's home boy said. I nodded my head in agreement considering that it was a good game. Forty is good at defense and his home boy is good at offense, so they make a decent team. I quickly finished my Gatorade and threw the empty bottle in the trashcan. I pulled my sweats out of my bag, and slipped them on over my gym shorts. I took my headphones and phone out of my bag, plugging them in and playing 'Stick Talk' by Future. I handed Trent his sweatpants out my bag, which he slipped on over his gym short, and we both headed out. Since my house was only down the street from the park, we had decided to walk there. It was wearing around five and I still had to drop by Brandy's house.

"We out y'all.", I said while dapping Forty and his homie. Trent and I headed down the field and through the path at the back of the park, taking a short cut to the road. We walked back to my house, and I immediately went to shower, and changed into my Adidas joggers, a plain white tee shirt, my sliver chain and my Wolf Grey Jordans.

I grabbed my keys and put my wallet in my pocket before hopping in my car and heading to Brandy's house. I pulled up into her driveway and headed to her door. I knocked on her door a few times, and when she opened it, her smile dropped into a straight face. She was wearing her robe and slippers, along with her hair sitting in a bonnet. She had earrings on, and her make up looked freshly done.

"What you want Rashod?", she asked while shifting all her weight unto one leg and crossing her arms over her breasts.

"Man, watch out. Where you 'bout to go?", I asked her while pushing pass her and walking into her house. That attitude shit she was putting up wasn't phasing a nigga.