Annabeth 28

i would just like to say that I DID have this chapter just about finished a while ago, but then my computer freaked out and deleted it, so I had to rewrite it. But thank you to all my supporters, I don't know what I would do without your feedback:) I am SO SO SO SO SO sorry for my horrible last chapter. I didn't know what to do with Jason, so I just whipped something together. but here is the next one... hope the story isn't getting boring :( but comment your feedback! Two comments I'll update and the first comment gets a dedication. anyway, enjoy:)

AnnabethXXIIX

Honestly, Annabeth didn't feel like dying, she still had to much that she wanted to do. She definitely wanted to get out of Tartarus alive, with her boyfriend, defeat Gaea, and settle down with Percy. Getting her throat ripped out by the Chimera was certainly not on her to-do list.

Annabeth was so busy trying to keep her head away from the monster's mouth, that she totally neglected the serpent head, that is until she felt it's fangs sink themselves into her shin. as the poison quickly entered her bloodstream she gave a shout of pain, but it came out in Percy's name instead.

where are you Seaweed Brain? she thought. Annabeth had so much that she wanted to tell him. she wanted to thank him for being her best friend and for saving her life more times then she wanted to admit. she wanted to apologize for being a terrible girlfriend and pushing him away at times. (I know what your thinking, "Annabeth apologizing?" yeah well she was smart enough to know that Percy above everyone else deserved it.) And lastly, she wanted to say that she loved him.

Now you need to understand that in the Athena cabin, love was just a word to describe feelings that went beyond friendship, no one cared to figure out what those feelings were. Being a child of Athena, it was an incomprehensible term, and not as important as battle strategy or architecture. sure, Annabeth had told Percy that she loved him loads of time but did she really mean it?

Yes I do. she concluded to herself. And I need to survive to tell him that. Annabeth again moved her head just milliseconds before the Chimera took a chunk out of it, but as much as she needed to escape, she was tiring quickly. Her brain was slowing down and she could feel the poison reaching her heart. Normally Annabeth hardly ever cried, but hey when your about to die, your feelings and understanding of life fly above the charts.

It's over Daughter of Athena. Gaea taunted. Come, join your friends. Annabeth closed her eyes and waited for death, but it never came. All of a sudden, the Chimera burst into dust, as Riptide flew through its side and clattered into the rock wall. She looked up and saw Percy standing unsteadily a few feet away.

"Stay away from my girlfriend." he growled as he made his way over. Annabeth tried to sit up and tell him about her newfound revelation, but her eyelids were getting heavy and all she wanted to do was curl up and take a nap.

Stay up Annabeth! she commanded herself. Don't go to sleep, the poison will advance faster. STAY AWAKE!! she had a short flashback to sitting with Percy in his living room watching Finding Nemo, where Merlin kept talking to himself to stay awake.

Gods, I'm losing it. she thought. She looked at Percy again and noticed that he was taking something out of the bag.

"Percy." she said weakly. "ambrosia wont work."

"I know Wise Girl, just trust me." he responded. she nodded and watched as he took out the little vile of water that his dad gave him. Percy closed his eyes and concentrated.

half of the water came out of the container and started moving toward her injured leg. Although sleepiness was engulfing her, and she could feel her heart rate start to slow down, Annabeth managed to ask,

"Percy, what are you doing?"

"Shhh!" he said "I need to concentrate." Annabeth kept her mouth closed and watched with interest.

when the water was near her leg, Percy made a fist and the water quickly formed a ball. he then moved the fist forward until it was directly over the puncture wound and gesture downward. the water quickly entered her bloodstream and she gasped and looked up at him in alarm.

Percy's face was white with effort and beaded with sweat. he was shaking like a leaf. Annabeth wanted to tell him to stop, but her mouth wouldn't work so she turned back to her leg. She could feel the cold saltwater moving throughout her body, but surprisingly, it didn't hurt at all. Slowly strength started to return to her and Annabeth turned towards Percy in amazement as he made a sweeping motion with his hand, followed by another fist, and started to draw the water back out.

Annabeth's eyes widened as the water was drawn through the two tiny, fang marks, and the once refreshingly clear sea water, was now a sickly green.

Impossible. She thought, he drew the poison out with water.

As soon as the last drop of salt water exited her system, the two fang marks closed up and Annabeth finally understood what just happened.

"Percy," she said in awe. "when did you learn to heal other people with water?" he looked at her sheepishly and even though he looked more than exhausted, he answered,

"recently. I thought it would come in handy." he smiled at her, and Annabeth rolled her eyes and responded while sitting up,

"Understatement Seaweed Brain." She wanted to tell him again SO badly what she had figure out but it wasn't the time, so instead, she leaned forward and planted a kiss on his lips.

"I love you Percy. Thank you for saving me, you truly are a hero."

"Annabeth," he said. "I'm not-" Percy froze, looking at something just over he right shoulder. She watched as a fire of hatred and unbelief ignited in his eyes, his whole body went rigid and he started shaking out of pure anger. Annabeth hesitantly turned around and she couldn't  comprehend what she was feeling, or what she was seeing

No, she thought, your not supposed to be here, you died.....

"Hello Percy, I never though that I would see you again. And Annabeth, what a surprise this is. What are you two doing down here?" the voice said. Percy stood up and uncapped Riptide, about to chop the person's head off. and honestly, Annabeth wouldn't have minded. After an tension filled silence, Percy finally said, his voice hard,

"Luke, what are you doing here?"

HAHA, finally finished! so don't forget to comment. Remember! two comments and I'll update, and the first comment gets a dedication on the first Leo chapter!!!!! thanks for reading:)