Jason 6

Disclaimer: Rick Riordan owns these characters. In this chapter the prophecy is Revealed!!!!

                                                                  VI

                                                                Jason

Jason dreaded what he was about to do. He and Nico made their way to the kitchen and Jason thought about what Leo had said.

Was it true? Sure he had always been a little jealous of Percy and how quickly the Romans made him their praetor. And how powerful he was. And how everyone looked up to him. Okay, maybe a lot jealous. But that didn't mean that he was happy that he and Annabeth fell into Tartarus. And he certainly didn't mean to make it look like he was waiting for Percy to leave in order for him to take over leadership. Truthfully, he wanted his leadership role back, but he was just as depressed as everyone else.

They reached the kitchen, turned on the water, and threw the golden drachma in.

Jason said," O goddess please except our offering. Show us Chiron at camp half blood. "

The image shimmered and Jason's gut twisted as the image showed Chiron and all the campers at the dinning pavilion staring at him.

“Jason! Nico! How is the quest going?"

“Um, ok I guess. We are heading towards Greece."

“Excellent. Where are Percy and Annabeth? I should like to talk to them."

“Well.....” said Jason. "There lies the problem. You see... Um...”

“Jason," Chiron said worry creeping into his face  "what has happened?"

A lump formed in Jason's throat. How could he tell all these people that their leader and his girlfriend had fallen into the deepest parts of the underworld? Luckily, Nico saved him.

“Chiron." Nico said “this is hard to say so I'm just going to say it. Percy and Annabeth, they fell into Tartarus. "

Stunned silence filled the room. There were tears and despair on everyone's faces.

“How did this happen?!" Chiron demanded.

Jason found his voice and retold the story. When he was finished, Clarisse stood up from the Ares table and said,

“Listen here Lightning Boy. You better bring Prissy back alive or there won't be a place in the skies or on the earth that is safe for you."

The Ares cabin yelled their agreement. Chiron tried to calm them down but cabin leader after cabin leader stood up and threatened Jason to bring Percy and Annabeth back alive or else. When they were all done Rachael Elizabeth Dare stood up her eyes glowing green and smoke coming from her mouth.

Jason had heard about this before. The Oracle was about to speak a prophecy through Rachael. She said,"

                                          The five go forth to save a friend

                                     Before the end, one's life will end

                                        The oath is made and is kept

                                 To save the others, one must kneel to death

                                  The decision is tainted by lust and greed

                                      A child of Mars will fail to succeed

                                    A humble heart will bear the burden

                                        His opposite turns before him.

                                    Death and Dove will close the gates

                             Wisdom's choice to delay the rising or outsmart the fates

When she was done, Rachael collapsed and Connor and Travis Stoll raced forth to catch her.

“Well on that happy note," Chiron said, his voice cold," Let us continue our dinner. Jason we expect you and the others to try your best to retrieve Percy and Annabeth and bring them back. Did you contact his mother? "

“No." I said

Chiron sighed and seemed to age in front of them. He replied. “I will do it. And with that Chiron waved his hand through the picture and the mist dissolved.

"Nico.” I said." Call a meeting"

“Sure but Jason...”

"Yeah?"

“They meant what they said. About the threats. Maybe not to that high of an extent, but they still meant what they said."

“Yeah, I know.”