Hazel 20

Disclaimer: Rick's masterpiece

XX

Hazel

Hazel thought she had seen it all. She had raised a giant from precious jewels, came back from the dead, almost got killed by grain spirits, and heck she had seen Michael Jackson forced to learn ballet in the Underworld. She thought that nothing could surprise her, but the gods just loved throwing curveballs because there before her was Nico’s deceased, apparently reborn older sister. She looked over to Nico, the strange battle they just had forgotten, and saw that he was trying not to pass out. He kept opening and closing his mouth trying to say something, but it just resulted in him looking like a fish. Hazel decided to speak for him.

“How are you here? Nico said that you were reborn.” I said.

“Ah, well my father pulled a few strings and allowed me to be reborn as myself to help you.”

“Wait, Hades did something nice? The world really must be ending.” Leo said. A tremor went through the ground and knocked Leo off his feet.

“You must be careful how you speak, the gods maybe silent but they can still hear.” Bianca said even though she was trying not to laugh. Nico had regained his composure and tentatively  made his way toward his sister, his eyes moist. He cautiously reached out his hand like if he touched her, she might dissolve. Then he gave up on being cautious, and tackled her in a hug, sobbing.

“Will someone please explain what’s going on?!” Frank impatiently said.

“That’s Bianca, Nico’s older sister. They are related by blood, and a few years ago she died on a quest with Percy. Nico tried to bring her back but before he could, she decided to be reborn. He never thought that he would see her again.” I explained.

“Why is she wearing the hunter’s clothing?” Jason asked. But before I could reply, Nico released his sister from his death hug and Bianca answered the question.

“Because I am still part of the Hunt.”

“So are the other Hunters here?” Piper asked.

“Yes, they are over yonder in the woods, we have been tracking you for days. I was out scouting when I came across you guys being attacked.”

“Wait, let’s get the important questions out of the way,” Leo said. “Like does that mean that Jason’s incredibly attractive sister Thila is here to?” but before I could slap him, Jason blasted him with and arch of lightning and Leo went flying into the water. Bianca chuckled,

“Yes, your sister is here, now come Thila would like to speak with you.” Bianca led them towards the woods. Leo emerged from the water with burn holes peppering his shirt. His tool belt was soaking and his hair was smoldering.

“You’re going to pay for that Golden Boy.” He mumbled.  As they were walking through the woods, Frank approached her.

“Uh, hey, I was just wondering how you were doing. You know with…” he gestured toward Nico walking with his sister. Although the question annoyed Hazel, she couldn’t help but feel touch by Frank’s concern.

“I’m fine Frank.” she replied. “It’s just going to take some getting used to.” He nodded and they walked in silence. Hazel let her mind wander.

I can’t believe that Bianca is back. I’m happy for Nico, but where does that put me? He’ll probably see me as the “other sister now.” Well, I guess he has the right since I am technically only his half-sister, but I don’t think that I could lose him like that. Nico is the only family that I have. And especially with that vision I had… oh get a hold of yourself Hazel!!!

They had stepped into a clearing and man, did the Hunters know how to camp. There was a circle of silver tents with a blazing camp fire in the middle. Around the edge of the circle, there were ferocious looking wolves standing guard. There were Hunters milling around, getting ready to eat their lunch. When they saw us, bows immediately appeared in their hands. Before, anyone could prepare themselves or call out, they had all of the boys pinned to the floor with arrows ready to fly at their heads.

“Stop!” Bianca said. “These are my friends, we need to take them to see Thila.” A girl who looked about fifteen years old stepped forward. She glowed with an silver aura, and had a silver circlet resting on her spiky black hair. The girl had electric blue eyes and wore black skinny jeans and a black leather jacket over a Death to Barbie t-shirt.

“Thila!” Jason exclaimed. “Man, am I glad to see you.”

“Yeah, um, I’m glad to see you to.” Leo stated. One of the Hunter’s recoiled and was about to slap him, when Bianca made her voice heard.

“I said, STOP! These are the demi-gods we were looking for except, two are missing as well as the satyr.” The Hunters looked to Thila and she raised her hand, all at once the Hunters dropped their weapons and continued their duties. When they were gone, Thila scowled at the group so fiercely, it was enough to make Hazel gulp. But, just as quickly, she laughed at loud and tackled her brother in a hug.

“Come on,” she said. “We have a lot to talk about.” But before they could take another step, Hazel felt a cold pain in her gut so strong, she gasped in pain. Frank stepped forward and grasped her arm. “Hazel-?”

Images went through her head. Demigods, a monster, a horrible ending and bloodshed, so much bloodshed. She finally understood what the feeling of someone walking on her grave was like. Nico stepped close to her and whispered in her ear which was now ringing strongly,

“Did you have your first, you know?” she nodded. His face became grimmer than before. “What happened?” He continued. “What did you see? Who is it?”

She found her strength once again and whispered to the group of worried demigods, “Guys, Percy and Annabeth are in big trouble.”