annabeth 23

I am SO sorry it took me so long to u date, but I was on a camping trip, and well there wasn't a computer nor was there time for me to actually put effort into writing this next chapter. but here it is! Just as a warning, all Percy fans make get emotional during this chapter, I know I did!

Annabeth XXIII

Annabeth woke up, and for the first time in awhile, was fully rested. No dreams in the place where your nightmares are supposed to drive you crazy and erase your existence? What are you doing Gaea? She turned to wake Percy and ask him, but what she saw made her blood go cold.

Percy was lying on the floor curled tightly in a ball and shaking so much that Annabeth was afraid he was having a seizure. His body was coated in a fine layer of sweat, making his raven black hair stick to his face. Also she noticed that he looked worse than he had yesterday. What happened Seaweed Brain?

Panic welled up through out her whole being as she moved closer and saw that Percy's lips were moving and he was mumbling in a tortured whisper. She leaned close and heard him repeating Luke and Calypso's names and repeatingly saying that he was sorry, so sorry. Annabeth's heart tore in two when he suddenly screamed in his sleep, "Gaea!" His tortured voice screamed. "Let my mother go!" She ended up frantically shaking his shoulder, doing anything to make his screams stop.

"Percy, wake up! You're having a nightmare." When he didn't respond, Annabeth got desperate and turned him over so that he was lying on his back. she then straddled him, took a firm hold of his shoulders and shook him vigorously. "Percy! PERCY!" Faster then even her Athenian mind could follow, Percy's eyes shot open, he uncapped Riptide, and tackled Annabeth to the ground holding his sword to her throat and yelling at the top of his lungs in Latin.

Annabeth tried to get out from his grasp, but Percy had gotten stronger and she couldn't move. His eyes were stormy green, almost black and he didn't seem to see her, like he was trapped within his nightmare.

Annabeth was terrified, she had never seen Percy this mad before and she concluded that she would rather face the Queen of Spiders any day of the week. She also realized that Percy was about to impale her with his sword. He leaned back ready to strike and Annabeth found her voice,

"Percy! Percy wake up! It's me Annabeth! Gaea has you in a nightmare. Snap out of it!" She was crying now, but not because she was about to die, she was crying because of the expression on her best friend, her boyfriend's face.

It was beyond angry, but it was also scared and hopeless. the tortured look in his eye was enough to make her go crazy and she wanted nothing else than to ease the pain that was engulfing him and shattering his sanity. His arm was in motion and Annabeth gave one last attempt. Putting all of the emotion she had coped up deep within herself when Percy went missing to now in her words, and not caring that every monsters throughout Tartarus was about to figure out their location, she screamed,

"PERCY!!!!"

like someone had flipped a switch, Annabeth saw the fog clear from Percy's eyes, although the tortured look remained. he focused in on her and his eyes grew wide as he dropped his sword and scooted back on his hands until his back was against a wall. he pulled his knees to his chest and did something that Annabeth had never seen him do before. He cried.

Annabeth sat there in shock, but again, not from her near- death- by- her- boyfriend experience, but by the fact that Percy was crying, more like sobbing right in front of her. Annabeth had always been the one to cry and look for comfort in Percy, though not very often, but she had never seen him let out any of his emotions like this for as long as she knew him.

she shook herself out of her trance and slowly walked over and sat down next to an internally broken Percy Jackson, and pulled him into a hug. he was shaking, and Annabeth could feel his heartbeat, but just as quickly as he started sobbing, he stopped. but she was not relieved, it isn't good for him to keep doing this to himself. he needs to vent his emotions. She shook her head and focused on being a good friend.