Chapter 21

Seems like it. Along with her plan of avoiding those guys, she started skipping classes again. Although she don't attend her classes, she gets to know the home works, projects and lesson their professor give the class. Her classmates are kind enough to update her on school matters.

After being absent for three days straight, Hyeri and Yoobi have decided to go to Ahyeon's house and know how she is actually doing. Was she really sick? Or just going back to herself?

"Ahyeon... she sounds cheerful but I am starting to doubt on the smile she's been showing us. You know that Ahyeon never let us know when she feels down or when she has problems. But because you are here and I am sure you know she is not sick, I know that she going through something. Hopefully that gets fixed tonight? My child is stronger than a horse. She don't gget injured or ill easily." Ahyeon's mother said, making the two girl laugh.

Yoobi and Hyeri silently walked to Ahyeon's room and carefully opened her door little by little, to avoid producing noises.

"Do you want to go to the Paradise Garden this weekend for our project? They have a lot of beautiful flowers there. We could choose from those flowers." They hear Ahyeon say.

"Sure! This Saturday, then? Are you free, Mijoo?" Ahyeon continued.

After hearing Ahyeon has ended her call with Mijoo, Hyeri and Yoobi entered Ahyeon's room.

"How long have you been waiting outside?" Ahyeon asked while copying notes from her classmates.

"So you knew." Hyeri said.

"Of course!"

"Then why did you pretend that you did not know? I was so excited to see your reaction." Yoobi pouted.

"I tried to do what they were doing to me. Well, the same thing as what I was doing to their friends."

"You mean, them? Jinyoung? And Bambam?" Yoobi asked and Ahyeon nodded.

Hyeri took one big pillow and put it on her lap, "So? What did you get by doing that?"

"I wonder how they could continue ignoring me."

"And how you could ignore the others." Yoobi added.

"Yes, I don't talk to JB, Mark, Jackson, Youngjae and Yugyeom. But they never started a conversation with me. How would they know I am ignoring them? Should I always be the one who will the start the conversation?" Ahyeon wondered. She picked up her phone and opened her Kakao.

"Look at this. I sent Jinyoung a message but shouldn't he at least give me a response?" She said and showed them.

"Well you told him that it is okay not to reply?" Yoobi pointed out.

"Let's talk about sarcasm, Yoobi. I know you said that to make him feel guilty for not reply. Well, he actually did not." Hyeri said.

"I don't know anymore! I am so done here." Ahyeon said and left the room.

Yoobi and Hyeri looked at each other and both of them sighed.

"I think we've got to do something." Yoobi said, pouting again.

Hyeri pinched Yoobi face and said, "I know, don't worry. Stop showing me your aegyo. It worked already." Making yoobi laugh.

***

The following day that they have classes, Hyeri forced herself to gather all her courage and let go of her pride.

"Are you sure you'll do this?" Yoobi asked her.

"I can't give advice to Ahyeon on how she should face her problem if I myself, haven't solved mine." Hyeri said.

"You are really a nice person, Hyeri. I am so happy that we became friends." Yoobi said, pretending to be wiping off her tears from her eyes.

"Stop that, Yoobi! It doesn't suit you. Well... I find it weird but cute." Hyeri said.

"Fighting! I will be right here. Okay? Tell me if I need to help you or pull you out of the scene." Yoobi said after gently pushing Hyeri away.

With her heart fast beating, Hyeri also took heavy steps towards a group of boys who are chatting happily.

She faked a cough to get their attention. And luckily, Youngjae heard it.

"Yah, I think she needs you." He told Yugyeom.

Yugyeom looked around and yes, they are the closest students to Hyeri's spot.

"Do you need privacy? We can go first, if you like to." JB asked.

"No." Yugyeom shook his head. "I am sure this is gonna be a fast talk. So let's start?"

Hyeri looked at the six boys waiting for her to speak. "Uhm... I feel uncomfortable but if this is what you like, then fine."

From a faraway, Ahyeon was watching them. She has seen Yoobi and Hyeri talking to each other. She was about to go to them but Hyeri suddenly approached those boys, causing her to stop.

"If you want to talk about what happened to us, I use the same email from years ago. You can tell me there everything you want. Talk freely." Hyeri said.

"US? What happened to us?" Yugyeom repeated.

"If you don't want to, then it is fine with me too." Hyeri said and began walking away.

"No, no. Wait." Yugyeom grabbed her hand pulled her back, "You want to talk about us?" He held Hyeri's chin and raised her face up to look at it clearly. "Are you sick? Are you drunk? Or anything?"

Hyeri slapped away his hand and kicked on his knee, "Shut up! If you don't want to just say so! You don't have to play with me! You diot." And she really walked away.

Ahyeon wanted to rescue but she remembered she was avoiding them so she just waited for the boys to leave.

Yoobi ran with Hyeri out of the campus and Ahyeon followed them.

"What was that?" Jackson asked while laughing.

"What if she wanted reconciliation?" Mark asked.

"There's no such thing with that kind of person." Yugyeom said.

"What if she actually wants it now? People change, Yugyeom." Bambam said.

Now they havementioned it, Yugyeom's mind is full of thoughts about Hyeri. Full of what if's./3qbj