-You are only with him because of mom and dad.

-I don't want to discuss this with you.

-You can't be with a person because of other people's wants.

-You know that I love him, be ready at 7PM.

I hung up the phone with a brutality that scared me. I had the small device in my hands closed into fists. Sofi, when she wanted to be annoying, she succeeded.

-Ms. Cabello? – I heard knocks on the door.

-Come in, Hansen. – I said acidic.

Dinah came in and went straight to my counter of goodies, serving herself some tea and cookies.

-I want to be deputy just to have these perks. – she said letting out a giggle and sitting in front of me. Seeing her biting that cookie made my stomach growl, it was already past 4PM.

-You know very well that I'm the one who buys all that and leaves it there, no one gives me that. – I said dryly and began to move some paperwork that was on top of my desk, inside the filing cabinet that was here.

-I know, but you have an office to store everything. – she huffed and I realized that it was one of Dinah's famous jokes that I just spoiled – What's up with you? What bad mood is that?

I approached the door and locked it, went towards the window and closed the shutters and Dinah just watched me attentively, curious. I approached her and put the cup of tea that was in her hand on top of the desk, I grabbed the cookie that was between her fingers and put it inside my mouth, Dinah looked at me perplexedly. I pushed away her arms and sat on her lap, resting my head on her chest, I could hear her heart beat slowly and her calm breathing. Dinah readily understood what I wanted and hugged me, kissing the top of my head and stroking my hair lightly.

-Mila, everything is okay, I'm here. – she said without ceasing the caresses.

-I just want cuddles, Cheechee, I've been tough since I woke up today. – I sighed – I just want to stay here, being cuddled by you. – Dinah let out a giggle, I noticed because her whole body shook.

-You haven't eaten anything, right?

-How do you know?

-You get like this when you want to be fed. – she let out a delightful laugh – You look like those puppies petting the feed bowl to ask for food. – she laughed.

-Don't laugh, Dinah. – I scolded her – I'm so hungry that I can't go eat.

-Alright, stay here and I'll tell that you are unavailable, I'll get your food.

-I love you. – I said sincerely.

-Get off, you fake ass. – Dinah pushed me off her lap, making me fall with my ass on the floor.

-OUCH, DINAH! – I grumbled getting up, feeling twinges in my butt, and saw Dinah laugh amusedly.

Damn woman!

-Don't answer the door or phone calls until I get back. – she said opening the door, getting out and then closing it.

Could Dinah Jane be more perfect? She was the best friend in the world.

And as she had "ordered", I didn't answer the phone nor open the door, but the curious thing is that I didn't even have to, since the phone didn't ring and no one bothered me. I'm sure that she used her Dinah Jane way of being and threatened in case someone dared to bother me. She's amazing.

POV Lauren Jauregui

I had to ask for a day off at the club for having received an email from Mike convoking me for a meeting at Jauregui's that will happen after hours. I called him and asked if my presence was necessary and he was very firm in his answer, he wanted me to go.