7x70

I ask that you listen to the song first so that you've heard it and can apply the feelings and lyrics to the story and see how it inspired different parts.

     Legolas walked around the palace. He'd returned just a few days ago from his travels with Gimli. He hadn't seen his father in many years, and was on his way to the King's study. He looked over the walls of the palace. He remembered these halls. Running around them with his siblings, playing chase and hide-and-seek. They had all already sailed to the Undying Lands. He wished they were there, to go with him to see his father. He had never quite gotten along with Thranduil.

     The King's wife had died giving birth to Legolas, and Thranduil had blamed his youngest child. Legolas had been the subject of many angry conversations between his siblings and parent. And he had participated in many screaming matches himself once he was older. It had hurt him so much, and he'd spent many a night alone and sobbing. All he had wanted was for his father to notice him and look upon his with love. He had found ways to keep himself happy. He had his siblings and friends. And they had helped him get on his feet and stay positive through the worst of it all.

     But he didn't have them right now, and he couldn't rely on them right then.

     He had prayed to the Valar for many a night and decided that he would confront his father one final time before going to Gondor to be with Aragorn and Arwen before he gave into the call of the sea.

     Legolas knocked on the door to  his father's study. Hearing his father acknowledge his presence, he opened the door. Thranduil was sitting at the desk, but quickly stood when he saw his son.

     "Legolas! You are home!"

     Legolas smiled ruefully, "I arrived three days ago."

     Thranduil's face fell, "I am sorry Legolas. I... I did not mean to be so busy."

     Legolas walked up to his father. Thranduil was a  good head taller than his son. Legolas reached up and pulled Thranduil down, wrapping his arms around his father.

     "It's okay, Ada," Legolas murmured. "I forgive you."

     They both knew it meant more than it would seem.

     Perhaps Legolas could stay in the Woodland realm a little longer than planned.

~Thank You