Chapter 12 - Who Knew I'd Protect Someone Who Hates Me?

Chapter 12 - Who Knew I'd Protect Some That Hates Me?

Aang finally returned back out and walked towards us. We've been waiting for like over fifteen minutes. I big grin is plastered on his face.

"I'm starting training tomorrow!" he said excitedly. I groaned from boredom. This was going to be a long day tomorrow. . .

The Next Day

I woke up kinda late, and right then I saw Aang working with Jeong Jeong. I didn't really pay much attention to them. What I really wanted to do was talk about the "light bending". Eh, I'll ask Jeong Jeong about it later.

I watched Aang stand in that weird position while Jeong Jeong told him to and just concentrate the heat of the sun and breathe. I could see that Aang was irritated of what he had to do and was being stubborn.

"Aang, relax. It's all about relaxing and keeping an open mind. Just breathe and concentrate." I advised, hoping he would listen. He looked at me with a smile and nodded in understanding.

"Stop bugging him, River. He knows. Just leave him alone so he'll figure it own on his own," Katara snapped at me.

"I'm just trying to give him some pointers, no need to be a worry wart. You'll get wrinkles," I said. Yep, Katara is still mad at me.

"I just want to learn fire bending already!" Aang groaned impatiently. I stood up from  my spot and walked over to him.

"The key, Aang, is patience. You must learn to become one with nature and feel the heat of the sun on your body. Become one with the sun as it warms you, and press the energy around you like Chakras. Put the energy on yourself, and then, let it flow through you; breathing like the sun."

"You seem to know a lot about fire bending, young one." someone said from behind me. I turned around face to face with Jeong Jeong.

"Well, sorta? I've just come to give a little advice for Aang to help him concentrate on what he needs to learn about the heat." I shrugged, trying not to get carried away.

"What is your name?" he asked.

"Oh, I'm River Moon, nothing special." I stated. He seemed to be deep in thought about me. I wonder why?

"You seem to have this great energy flowing through you. I've only seen this once, but your energy seems very familiar." he stroked his beard.

"Well, um. . . I gotta go do something. I gotta--um. . . feed my turtle?" with that I sped away into the distance. Man, if he finds out what I am, I'm doomed!

Just how freaking long will it take to get to the second season already? I wan to meet Toph already! I ran past everyone and ran to the river, wanting to sit down, and relax before anyone finds out what truly happened. I hope no one finds out, so I can keep it a secret with Zuko and Iroh. But I would just hate to keep a secret against my friends, even if Katara doesn't seem to be. . .

~

I was finally back out from the river, watching Aang as Jeong Jeong was finally going to teach him how to fire bend. In the corner of my eye I saw Katara practicing her water bending and Sokka being an idiot of trying to fish. Not his bend job.

Jeong Jeong gave Aang a leaf to concentrate on, and he began in his squatting position while he kept his breathing in pace. One of Jeong Jeong's follower comes up to us panting heavily. Oh no, I completely forgot about this part!!

"Stay here and concentrate," Jeong Jeong told as he walked away hurriedly.

Aang was still being a little frustrated but continued to concentrate. He was then able to burn his leaf and gave us an excited look.