Chapter 9 - Embarrassing moment to Zhao and Confessing something to Zuko

Chapter 9 - Embarrassing moment to Zhao and confessing something to Zuko

 Stupid Zuko. Stupid time out. I don't belong in this cruel, harsh world.

I was on a freaking chair, in the corner, with my nose stuck in it. Zuko made sure it wouldn't leave the spot. I feel like a toddler. . . I need some company, some entertainment. Zuko was right behind me, reading some boring, stupid scrolls. I've been in this corner for over an hour, and I feel so bored. How do people learn their lessons by this?! I groaned in annoyance. I groaned louder, so I could get Zuko's attention.

"Zuko!" I groaned in mono tone.

"What?" he spat through gritted teeth

"I'm bored! Please!! Let me gooo!" I mono toned once again. I could hear the scroll being rolled back up, and could feel the vibrations of his boots coming closer. He sighed, putting his index and middle fingers on top of my nose. I don't know what he did, but my nose was free! FREEDOM!!

"Happy, now?" he asked hesitantly. I grinned, nodding my head vigorously. I placed my hand up to my nose, wriggling it so it would feel better.

"What were you reading?" I asked him, but he didn't seem much interested though. His head was too caught in something. A knock was at the door, and Iroh came inside.

"Nephew, we have a guest. Please, come with me." Iroh informed. Zuko and I stood up, walking out the door. Iroh put a hand in front of me causing me to stop.

"Yes, Uncle?" I asked.

"It would be best if you stay behind. Admiral Zhao is a complicated man, so -"

"Yeah, and so am I. I know how he is, with that all that ego he has the size of his side burns." I smiled. He chuckled at my remark, and said that I still shouldn't, which made me frown. They both walked off into the meeting room. I already knew what the conversation was about, but I still wanted to go in. Then a thought popped in. The Blue Spirit. I gasped.

I ran into the room, swinging the doors open right on time. Zhao had the sword in his hand. Everyone had their eyes on me, wide like tea cups.

"Um, sorry to interrupt. . . well, more likely barging in. I'm sorry, it won't happen again." I said, slowly putting my arms down.

"You look like Zuko's slave, here. Do you know anything about the Blue Spirit?" he said.

"Yes, I have. I thought Zuko was once, and he almost cut my head right off. I was almost dead then. He's definitely not. Now, I came here to get him for something-"

"And what is that?" he asked sounding concerned.

"I-uh-Personal stuff," I cupped my hand over the side of my mouth so Zuko couldn't see."He has this hideous rash on his bosom and I've been asked to clean him up by Iroh. I'm not a slave, though. I'm more likely a nanny, to him." Iroh nearly laughed but kept shut by biting his lip because, in the corner of my eye, I could see him getting teary-eyed. Zhao let out a small chuckle, as I could tell he was getting a small liking to me which I could NEVER see about him.

"Well, I guess Zuko must be off. We'll meet again, Zuko. Farewell, miss?"

"Just call me River," I stated. Zuko walked out and I shut the doors behind us. I looked at him with a grin, but he didn't show any emotion.

"Why did you say that about me?" he asked. He heard!?

"Hey, I had to make us some excuse," I said quickly as a cover up.

"Well, not a very good job," he mumbled.

"Hey!" I gasped.

"Shh! They'll hear us!" he covered my mouth with his hand. I licked it, earning a disgusted face of him as he wiped it away quickly. I smirked, earning a groan in disgust from him to me. I skipped away merrily, walking back into Zuko's room. I sat down on the bed, smiling up at him.

"What's to smile about?" he asked curiously.

"Nothing," I murmured still smiling. He narrowed his eyes, giving me this cold glare.

"Sure," he said in low manor, obviously not convinced. I just sighed, ignoring him.

"Hey Zuko?" I asked.

"Hmm?" he mumbled.

"Would you miss me if I ever. . . Left forever?" I asked again. His eyes went wide as he etched closer to me quickly. My eyes went wide too, but only because I was stunned. What's into him? "Zuko?"

"What do you mean,"leave forever"?" he asked, eyes narrowing.

"It was just a question, Z-Zuko. . . Why are you acting so concerned?" I furrowed my brows. His cheeks turned scarlet as he backed up slowly in embarrassment. Why is he blushing?

"I-I'm just shocked that you would think that. It's nothing, really. . ." he said slowly, lingering his eyes around.

"Zuko, you can tell me," I stated.

"Like I said, River, it's nothing. Don't worry about it. Just tell me why you would leave." he slurred as if he was drunk. This time I blushed, my body becoming quite tensed up.

"U-um... I just though... If I ever disappeared," I whispered looking at my shoulder as I rubbed it soothingly,"I dunno what, really. Zuko? What would you do? Would you miss me? Would you forget me?" I looked him in the eyes this time.

"Why would I ever forget you? Why do you think you would disappear?" he asked, beyond concerned. I looked back down this time rashly, wondering if I should tell him.

"Since I'm from another dimension and all. . . Since I randomly appeared here, would I randomly disappear?" I asked. He dragged a finger to my chin, pulling it up wanting me to look at him. I closed my eyes so I couldn't see him. Does he have feelings for me? No, he wouldn't; he's Zuko.

"I seriously doubt that," he said and my eyes instantly flew up. His face was full of expression that had so much emotion. So much tense pressure under him, full of happiness. Happiness? Happy for what?

"Zuko, why are you so happy?" I asked. He realized that I noticed, and looked away, blushing. He let his finger drop, and pulled himself away from me, inching closer to the door.

"It's nothing," he muttered. I rolled my eyes, leaning back on the bed.

"Whatever floats your boat, Sifu Hotman." I mumbled. He seemed to have heard that, and so he turned around facing me like flames were about to burst from his ears like steam like you would see in one of those old cartoons. I smug smile rose on my face, pretending I never even said that. He frowned at me, turned around and opened the door as he walked out. I frowned.

"Wait! Don't leave me!" I called out, standing up and quickly ran out following him behind. He walked all the way on deck as I followed him. I couldn't find him. "Zuko!" I called again, irritated.

I ran to the top of the deck and ran into the fresh air. I couldn't find him anywhere. Where did he go?

"Zuko?" I called out once again.

"Where the heck are you?!" I shouted.

"What?" I heard someone spat. I turned around to find Zuko."Zuko!" I said happily as I sprung right next to him happily. Zuko was watching as Zhao's large ship floated away hurriedly. Zuko just glared at it. What's up his butt?

*************************************************

 A/N: Sorry the chapter ends short! I'll make a longer one soon! It's just that I get a lot of comments telling me to update, and I want to make you all happy! I couldn't make you guys wait forever, you know?! Anyways, I'm going to be working on the next chapter right now! I've been really busy lately with all the homework I've been given and ugh!! So much WORK!!! Well, anyways, I'm just glad to get so many reads! Please, continue to comment, vote, and follow!!

Bye!!

Lyricwriter (P.S. I am doing this to make it longer! ^-^)