Chapter 7

:)))))) sorry for this

*~

Johnnie
Why weren't u @ school 2day?
Read at 3:57pm.
R u ok?
Read at 4:12pm.
Al?
Sent.

I sighed and shut off my phone. It's clear she doesn't feel like talking about it.

"Bryan!" I called from the living room. He slowly came in, toothbrush in hand, toothpaste foam in his mouth. He looked at me expectantly.

"What if phobias are how you died in a past life?" I asked. He spit in a cup and rolled his eyes.

"You're scared of something? What could possibly be 'real' enough for you to be afraid of?" He asked. I shot him a glare and looked at my message-less phone. He had a point though.

"I don't know." I mumbled so he wouldn't hear. He sighed.

"By the way, Kyle texted me. Said you wouldn't answer him and he needs to talk to you." He shrugged, then walked back into the bathroom. What did he want? I grabbed my phone and opened my messages and sure enough a had a bunch from him.

"Hi"

"Johnnie"

"I need your help."

"I need to talk to you about something important."

"Do you think you could come over and help?"

I sighed and replied with "What happened?" Which he quickly respond with "just come over". I didn't know his address, but I still grabbed my shoes and left. I decided to call him.

"Hello?" He answered after two rings.

"How do you expect me to come over if I don't know where you are?" I asked. I could almost hear his smile from the other line.

"Just meet me at Chipotle. I'll be there in five minutes." He said, and hung up. I was already walking in the direction of it so I kept going. It wasn't that far, maybe fifteen minutes. By the time I got there I saw Kyle leaning against the buildimg, arms and legs crossed, hair and beanie covering his face.

"Hey!" I called. He looked up and smiled.

"Oh, you actually came. Hi." He said, nervously pushing his bangs back.

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked. He shook his head to dismiss my question.

"There's something important I wanted to talk to you about." He said, seeming completely serious but still in a way mellow and chill.

"Wha-" I started, but my phone buzzed. I checked it.

"I'm sorry. I can't. I love you, Johnnie. Thank you." It was from Alex. I went into full panic mode.

"Kyle you need to get me to someone's house. Now." I said quickly.

"Okay. Who?" He asked, physically upset that we're ignoring the reason we met up,  but tense because he saw the worried state I'm in.

"Alex. Alex Dorame. We need to go. Now." I demanded, now shaking. He put his hands on my shoulders to comfort me, but I didn't stop shaking.

"Okay, Johnnie you need to calm down a little. Where does Alex live?" He asked. I looked around at my surroundings.

"Follow me." I  said, then took off running in the direction of her house. I turned around a little to see if he was following me, and he was. I was greatful for that. I turned the corner of her street and bolted with the little energy I had left. I didn't knock on her door before bolting in and rushing to her room, ignoring her mother's greetings and questions. She wasn't in there. I went to the bathroom. She wasn't there either. I ran downstairs.

"Johnnie, honey, what's wrong?" She asked.

"Where's Alex?" I panted.

"She's not here. She went on a walk." She said. I was confused, but then I remembered.

The bridge.

I thanked her and ran out the door, but Kyle stopped me.

"Dude what the hell is going on?" He asked. He seemed angry and it frightened me a little.

"We need to go to the bridge." I told him. I tried running but he stopped me again.

"Why?" He asked. I took a deep breath.

"Alex might be there. I think she's trying to off herself. Now will you let me go?" I asked. Shock filled his expression and he let go, running ahead of me. He was faster, and apparently more determined to get there. When we got there I looked around. A gust of wind blew my hair in my face. I ran a little more ahead then saw her. Her cotton candy pink hair unbrushed, black streaks of eye makeup stained on her face. She was on the other side of the railing looking down. I saw her sigh and look up, then back down. Then she nodded. As she started to lean forward, I ran ahead.

"Stop!" I yelled, barely in time. Kyle ran ahead of me and grabbed her from beind, not letting her move. She looked up in surprise at me, then at Kyle, then back at me.

"Alex, stop." I choked out. She stared at me, her eyes filling with tears.

"Let me go. Let me do this. I've made my decision." She said, quietly but powerfully. Kyle held her tighter and she screamed.

"I'm not letting you do this!" I yelled.

"Let me go! Just let me go!" She yelled, punching Kyle even though it didn't seem to effect him. I had an idea. I carefully climbed over the railing and made my way over to her.

"Johnnie, no!" Kyle exclaimed.

"Alex, if you go, I do too." I said. She stared at me, wide eyes and mouth hanging agape.

"I don't want you to hurt yourself." She said. I grabbed onto the rail and dangled one foot off.

"No!" They both screamed.

"Alex, get back on the other side of that railing." I told her.

"No." She said, shaking her head. I sat down, letting my legs dangle.

"God damn it, Alex get on the other side!" Kyle yelled at her. She burst out crying, but nodded. I stood up and waited for her to climb first. Kyle got her safely over the side, where she sat down and cried into her knees. I got myself back over as well. Then, Kyle hugged me. I didn't expect it, but I slowly hugged back.

"Would now be a bad time to tell you what I was going to say?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No. Tell me." I told him, pulling out of the hug,  but he grabbed my hands instead.

"I find you...intriguing. There's something about you that makes you different than other guys I've met. You're special. You believe your own things. I like that about you. And because of that, I'm slowly, falling deeply, madly in love with you." He said. I was shocked, but I still smiled. I hugged him and he quickly hugged back.

"Thank you." I told him.

"For what?" He asked. I thought about it.

"For accepting me." I said. Then a new set of arms engulfed us; Alex's. And there we were; three unstable teens hugging in tears on the side of a bridge, loving every breath the other takes.

*~

Kyle carried her bridal style back to her house, thinking she wouldn't be stable enough to walk. She thanked us and walked in, closing the door behind her.

"I'm sorry for what I said back there. It was kind of sudden." He said. I smiled and shook my head.

"Don't be sorry. I needed that." I said truthfully. He hugged me again, and we went off to go back to our homes.