Holding Onto You Chapter 3

Start from the beginning

"Okay mum, I love you too. Have a good day bye." I greeted her.

"Bye son." She greeted and left.

Once mum was gone Vincent took my hand and we left the office together after Mr. Smith wished me luck.

"I cannot enter the cafeteria holding your hand." Vincent said as he stopped walking, causing me to bump into him.

"Why not?" I asked, rubbing my arm that met his hard body somewhere.

"Because I'm straight." He said in the most obvious voice as he released my hand.

"Straight? Well obviously you're standing straight but why would that prevent you from holding my hand?" What was he on about.

He chuckled, holding my hand again. "Haha you're funny, what I mean is..."

"VINCENT!"

He was cut off by some guy who shouted his name in a very angry voice.

"Crap I thought he was absent today, he is going to kill me." Vincent told me before I heard this guy's foot falls stop in front of us. I kept my head down. "Finn hey man what's up? Where were you this morning? I thought you were still on vacation, I missed my best friend, did you have a nice break?"

"I heard what happened, don't you dare try and avoid it. I know that Tyler didn't deserve it but..." Finn suddenly stopped talking and I could feel his eyes on me. " Who's he and why are you holding his hand?" He asked suspiciously.

"Finn this is Hunter, he is blind and he needs a guide and so Mr. Smith asked me to do it and I agreed so get used to seeing him by my side all the time. Hunter this is Finn, my best friend and teammate. I rule this school and he is my right hand man. You mess with him and you have me to deal with. Now let's get to lunch before it ends, I'm hungry." Vincent introduced us before pulling me toward the cafeteria.

As soon as I entered I was hit with the sound of thousands of voices, shouting and laughing like they had no care in the world. That is until they noticed me and the room went silent. Oh crap.

"Listen up you gossip hungry pests, this is Hunter. Today is his first day. He is blind and if any of you give him trouble I will dig out your eyes and feed them to my dog. I will not allow anyone near him unless he approves of it and I will most certainly not allow the girls to be all over him. Give him his space so he feels safe and comfortable and don't hesitate to help him when needed. Have I made myself clear?" Well having Vincent as my guide certainly came with benefits. I squeezed his hand to show him my appreciation.

A chorus of "Yes" and "We understand" went around as Vincent pulled me along with him. He stopped and guided me into a seat before sitting next to me.

"Right well on our table we have Ryan, Tyson, Mark, Grayson and Finn who you've already met, all are my friends and teammates. Guys this is Hunter and he will be sitting with us from today and Ryan you will be getting him lunch everyday. Mark you will make sure he has everything he needs from his locker before class and Tyson and Grayson you guys will escort him to where ever he wants to go. Finn you will make sure Mr. Smith thinks I'm doing everything for him. Everyone understand?" Vincent once again gave out commands and once again everyone agreed.

"And what are you going to do?" Finn asked, not sounding too happy.

What Vincent said made all the possibility of me being angry with him disappear. "Me, I'll be the hand he can hold onto."

"Who are you and what have you done with Vincent Stone?" One of Vincent's friends asked and everyone on the table laughed.

"Haha funny Ryan now go get for me and Hunter lunch, and be quick I'm hungry and the bell will ring soon." Vincent told Ryan and he was quick to stand up and go while grumbling a "yes boss."

"Thank you." I whispered to Vincent leaning into him so he could hear me and I guess I leaned in more then necessary because I was hit with this amazing smell which I assumed was his perfume. I sniffed it in more and sighed in bliss when I heard Vincent clear his throat and I immediately pulled away embarrassed. "Please wear a whole load more of that perfume tomorrow so I can know when you're around." I quickly said, making it sound like I was sniffing his perfume to become familiar with his smell and not because I thought he smelled great. That would just be weird.

"Uhm okay." Crap he probably figured. I was saved when Ryan returned with our lunch. "Okay we have a slice of pizza, a bottle of water and an apple, is that good?" Vincent asked.

"Yes thank you, and thank you Ryan." I said, still looking down.

Vincent placed the slice of pizza in my hand and I begun eating. Vincent also started eating as he spoke with his friends.

While I was drinking water I heard someone say my name in a hushed whisper. I strained my ears and listened.

"I would be Hunter's prey any day. I bet he will fall for my wonderful self as soon as I introduce myself to him. I just need to get him away from Vincent for a while." I heard a musical voice and I couldn't believe it was a boy talking. His voice was so nice.

"Vincent will never allow you near Hunter so don't even try Tyler. And instead of falling for your charms you'll just scare him away." Another more masculine voice replied.

"Hush Alex, he will adore me, right Sarah?" Adore? I'm not so sure.

"Yes he will most certainly love the ever charming Tyler Love." A girl replied, sarcasm dripping from her words.

"I hate you guys. I'm going to be Hunter's friend and the two of us will live happily ever after in a pineapple under the sea." He sounded more masculine when he was angry.

I laughed at the spongebob reference. I loved listening to the song on tv when I was young.

"Are you okay?" Vincent asked, probably wondering why I was laughing for no reason.

"I'm fine." and I realized that I was. I suddenly felt confident and ready. I felt great. "Absolutely fine." I can do this.