Finding You {Part II}

The stone warriors drag you back down to the basement and tie you up again. Your dad, who is now awake (and holding an ice pack against his head) glares at you for a few minutes before speaking.

"What exactly did you think you were trying to do?" he finally demands.

You roll your eyes. "Escape, obviously. What did you think I was doing, the hula?"

Your dad sighs. "Forget it, y/n. I'm not letting you run off with a boy with questionable morals—"

"'Questionable morals?'" you snap angrily. "You mean like yours? I don't know what mom ever saw in you."

"Watch your mouth," your dad warns angrily, but you're too worked up to listen.

"If you want questionable morals, just look in the mirror," you rant. "You have no idea what morals even are. You don't care about anyone except yourself."

"Y/n, I'm warning you. One more word—"

"That's why mom divorced you, you dirtbag."

Your dad straightens up slowly and gives you a look that could turn ice into steam. "Y/n, you are never to speak to me that way ever again. I am your father, and you will obey me, whether you like it or not. Now, I'm going to come back later when you've developed a better attitude."

"Good!" you yell after him as he walks out the door. "You'll be gone forever, then!"

Kai's POV

By the time I reach the power line, I'm wishing I remembered my bike. Then I remember that I gave it to b/f/n so she could drive to the monastery. Also, my cell phone is dead. I kept trying to call y/n, and the battery ran out. It's just me out here, with no escape route and no backup.

Who cares? Saving y/n is the only thing that matters. Y/n has to be okay. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if she wasn't.

I turn to follow the power line and keep running. It's a good thing I'm in peak physical condition. This power line is long. Really long.

It's easier than I thought to find the place where the power line's broken. After all, the two broken ends of the power line are just lying there on the ground next to a big concrete building.

It looks like the stone warriors have taken over some kind of power substation a mile or so from the main power plant. Zane would probably be saying something about dangerous electricity right now, Jay would be rambling on about how he could use the power lines in one of his inventions, and Cole would be telling everyone to be quiet while he made a plan. I really miss having those guys to back me up. It's weird to think that I used to enjoy fighting alone and thought they'd just slow me down.

Okay, enough standing around. Y/n's probably in this building, which means I need to find a way in without getting spotted.

I sneak over to the wall as quickly as I can without being spotted. I flatten myself against it and start planning my next move when someone calls, "Who's out there?"

My heart almost stops. I'd know that voice anywhere.

It's y/n.