Argument With B/f/n

"Seriously, b/f/n, why can't you at least make an effort to get along with Kai?" you demand.

You just finished a phone call with Kai and had to listen to b/f/n's scathing comments in the background the whole time. You know b/f/n doesn't like or trust him at all, but she could at least try to be civil, right?

"I am making an effort!" b/f/n snaps. "Why do you think I haven't strangled him yet?"

"Well, can you maybe not insult him every time I mention him? It gets really annoying!"

B/f/n slaps her hand down on the coffee table. "He's cocky and annoying, and I don't like him, all right? I'm allowed to express my opinion!"

You struggle for a moment to come up with a response. B/f/n leans back in her seat and smirks at you.

"Well, I don't like your boyfriend either!" is what you finally manage to come up with.

B/f/n stares at you, shocked. "You what?! But you're the one who told me to ask him out in the first place!"

"I know, and I was wrong to do it!" you say, frustrated.

"Well, why didn't you say something, genius?" b/f/n snaps.

You throw your hands up. "Why do you think? You were so happy with him, I didn't want to ruin it!"

"Well, explain what's so wrong with him then!" b/f/n challenges.

"I hooked you up with the absolute worst boyfriend in the universe!" you rant, warming up to your theme. "He's a jerk, and he's rude to you, and he talks about you behind your back, and he's using you! He's using you, b/f/n!"

B/f/n stands up. "What do you mean, 'he's using me?'"

"You heard me! Use your brain! What do you think it means?" you shout.

B/f/n looks shocked for a minute, but then she glares at you. "No way would f/c/n cheat on me!"

"Way!" you shout. "He left his phone here after one of your 'sleepovers' and I found text messages from five other girls who all think they're his girlfriend! Dumping would be too good for him!"

"You went through my boyfriend's phone?!" b/f/n shrieks.

"Oh, like you wouldn't do it to Kai if you found his phone lying around!" you shoot back.

"YOU WENT THROUGH MY BOYFRIEND'S PHONE!"

You're done with this whole conversation. "And it's a good thing I did, or you wouldn't have found out that he's a cheating liar until it was too late. Now, I'm going to bed, and you—" you point at b/f/n "—might want to think about ditching that loser and finding someone who's worth your time." You stand up and head for your bedroom.

Behind you, b/f/n screams, "Well, your boyfriend is a jerk! I'm never gonna forgive you for this, y/n! I hate you!"

You close your bedroom door. You know b/f/n. She needs some time to cool off before she'll be willing to see reason. Still, even though you know she didn't really mean it, the words sting.

"Sorry b/f/n," you mumble to yourself. "It had to be said."

(And, for those of you who tried to solve my tricky mind puzzle last week, here is the solution:

Kai was wearing green (duh).

Jay was wearing black.

Zane was wearing blue.

Cole was wearing red.

And Lloyd was wearing white.

Over and out!)