A Year with Mr. Arrogant 18

Start from the beginning

He wasn't even going to become a professional soccer player, but it was something he wanted to do before taking over the hotel business at the age of twenty-one. It was a young age but Mr. Daniels wanted to see how Ace would do. Mr. Daniels would keep a position as chairman while Ace becomes CEO.

It also gave his parents the opportunity to spend more time with each other. Does that mean I won't be able to spend time with Ace as much? Thinking about it seemed depressing but I knew we'd make it work.

Clouds blanketed the blue sky, and I stared up at them, trying to picture what they looked like individually. I imagined one to look like a bow and another a daisy. As I was occupied, the noises of familiar badgering voices came from the top. I look over my shoulders, squinting my eyes at the girls who were coming down the stadium stairs.

Cassidy and her posse.

I watched in shock I haven't seen her since the soccer game. She walks past me and astoundingly she gives me a sweet and genuine smile. Seeing that I felt like my soul was slowly fuming out of my body.

Cassidy smiling in a authentic way? What is she thinking about doing this time? Spread more rumors?

Suddenly, she was seated a chair over from me. I waited as she looked as if she was preparing her next words.

"I don't normally say this to people bu-but, I'm s-sorry," she spoke hesitantly, as her eyes lay to the floor.

Right. 

How was I suppose to believe that if she didn't sincerely look me in the eyes. Although she said she usually doesn't apologize to people. Although I wanted to laugh, I kept it in check. I watched her as she silently fidgeted with the hem of her denim skirt.

"I'll believe you if you can tell me face to face," I replied, waiting for her compensation.

Her head slowly circled and her eyes locked with mine. For a second everything was silent. The guys are probably already looking at us, cognizing the reality that we were enemies.

"I said I'm sorry, and I mean it. I was being a possessive freak. It's just for once in my life I had to accept the fact that something I wanted was taken away from me. I've been going to therapy and it's been helping," Cassidy didn't even stutter this time, in fact she really did look sorry.

You want to know what was also surprising?

I accepted her words, but inside part of me still had to keep my guard up.

"You can trust me this time, I won't do anything to ruin your relationship. I've noticed for a while that Ace has fallen deep for you," Cassidy lowered her head in defeat.

"I forgive you," I told her, and her eyes landed on my face once more.

"Really?" she questioned, and for once I saw a different side of Cassidy.

Instead of that bitchy attitude she embodied all the time, this fit her better. It was clear, generous, and she seemed soft from the inside out.

I nodded to confirm what I just told her and her eyes lightened up. Cassidy stood up and held out her hand, which I assumed she wanted me to shake. I didn't even have to hesitate, and I shook her hand.

"Hopefully, we can be friends in the future," her mouth formed into a small smile. She probably knew there wasn't a whole lot to expect since she probably thought I couldn't fully trust her. It was true too.

After practice, I saw Cassidy talking with Ace, likely apologizing for her actions.

"You really like him don't you?" a voice that I could point out right away spoke.

I turn my head to the person. Justin.

"A lot," I smiled.

"Then please know, I don't want any harm to come to your relationship. Ace is hooked on you. So as his best friend, I'm telling you don't break his heart," Justin said.

"I wouldn't even dream of that," I replied.

~

"What was Justin talking to you about?" Ace questioned, as I cuddled up next to him. We were watching the same movie for the second time since we didn't pay attention the first time around.

"He asked me if I really like you," I responded, throwing a piece of popcorn in the air which landed on Ace's black button down shirt. I picked it off and tossed it in my mouth missing again, making him laugh.

"What did you say?" he questioned, arching his eyebrow.

"Eh," I shrugged my shoulders teasing him a bit, throwing another piece of popcorn that bounced off my cheek.

Ace gasped in a sarcastic way, bringing his hands to his heart area. With that he started to tickle me to death, knowing how much I hated that. The popcorn bowl fell to the floor and the contents spread across the rug and hardwood floor.

"Sto--Stop!!" I screamed, laughing as his hands were raiding sides.

"Tell me," he propped me up into his lap, ready to tickle me again if I didn't satisfy him with an answer.

 "I told him, I like you a lot," I said, inching my face closer to his, brushing my lips against his in a taunting way.

Ace pressed his lips against mine, which I expected since he was always quick to kiss me. The sensation of his soft lips against mine, how our tongues danced in rhythm, and how his hands roamed my body.

I loved all that.