ı 33 ı Word of Mouth

"I'm burning alive, I can barely breathe"

"FOR THE LOVE of god, I'm going to school!" Elena shouts as she marches towards the door.

We have been having this conversation for literally ten minutes.

"Are you kidding me? We just gave you our house, for a safe house. A safe house as in a 'do not leave house'. How is it suppose to protect you if you're not in it?" Damon argues.

"Stefan, Bonnie and Blair will be there with me. That's all the protection I need," Elena says.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who said I was going to school?" I ask, finally joining in on the argument.

"Come on Blair, do you really think you can just show up for one day? That's it?" Elena asks.

"Yeah, actually. Did you really think other wise?" I ask.

"Is this because of the art thing?" Stefan asks, causing me to huff in frustration. I do not want to bring up the stupid art thing, because I don't want to think about it. If I start thinking about it, I'll just end up thinking about all the other things I may not remember about myself because of my missing memories.

"No, Stefan," I sigh.

"Listen, just because Klaus is in town doesn't mean I have to stop living my life! I don't want to sit here while my life passes me by!" Elena argues. She immediately looks at me, her face filled with guilt.

"Ouch," I mutter, realizing the irony. My life literally did pass by me for 145 years.

"Blair, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean that," Elena says.

"It's okay, I know what you meant. Stefan, let's go," I say, shrugging it off as I grab my bag and head towards the door. I guess I might as well go to school because frankly I have nothing else to do, and I want to take my mind off of Klaus.

We head to our cars leaving Damon standing inside by himself as James's truck pulls in the driveway.

"Where are you guys going?" he asks with his car window rolled down.

"To school," I reply before hopping into my car, the window rolled down.

"You think that's the best idea right now?" he asks, one brow raised.

I roll my eyes, not about to enter another debate about whether or not we should go to school.

"Yeah, it will take my mind off things. I have my phone on me, and Bonnie will be there and she's all juiced up with magic, so we'll be fine," I assure him.

He only nods before shifting his truck into park, walking over to my car and learning down to the window. "Still nothing from Katherine?" he asks.

I shake my head. "Do you think she's dead?" I ask. We all have assumed that Klaus took her, as that is the biggest reasoning behind her sudden M.I.A status.

"No. I don't think she's dead. Not yet at least. Based on my knowledge of Klaus, he's been looking for her for about 500 years, and I doubt he'll kill her just yet. He'll want to use her for something," James says.

I guess we'll find out Katherine's fate soon enough. "See you later," I say.

He steps back from the car. "See you later. Be safe," he says, a sincere look on his face. I give him a light smile before driving off.

∆ ∆ ∆

"Did I ever tell you that I hate history?" I say as we enter the history classroom.