ı 31 ı The Record Breaking Worst Day in the History of Worst Days

"I need the sun to break, you've woken up my heart"

"WAIT- so you're telling me that Elena's dead mother, who was Alaric's ex-wife isn't really dead, but she is dead because she is a vampire and she showed up at Elena's house last night and now Jenna is freaked out because she thought she was dead, like you all did?" I ask, trying to clarify what Stefan has just told me.

We sit at the kitchen table, pouring ourselves small shots of blood since Stefan is trying to ease into the human blood.  Damon and James had gone out an hour ago to get some more bags at the hospital, leaving Katherine here with us.

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I told Alaric to go over there to try and help Elena with Jenna while Damon, James and I try and deal with finding this witch massacre place," Stefan explains.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because we need all the power we can get to take down Klaus, and Bonnie thinks she can draw all the power from the place. The next full moon is in a week, and we need to be prepared for when he comes," Stefan says, getting up to wash our cups.

"Oh, can you maybe not tell John, or Elena's mother Isobel that I'm in town?" Katherine asks, entering the room.

"And why would we do that?" I raise my brow.

"Because you need me to be Elena's look alike, and that won't work if they know I'm here. Plus, I kind of cut his fingers off his hand last time I saw him, and thats a problem I don't want to face today," Katherine says, admiring herself in the mirror in an extremely tight crop top.

"Fine. But only if you stop choosing tops from the children's section," I say, causing her to glare at me.

Our glare breaks when the front door opens, Damon and James entering with cooler bags of blood.

Damon takes the bags from James and brings them down to the freezer in the basement, not bothering to acknowledge any of us let alone me. I haven't directly spoken to him in a while, and I am fine with that. I frankly am not ready to forgive him yet.

James approaches me with a smile, but I'm distracted by the ring of my phone.

"Hello Caroline," I greet.

"Blair! I need your help!" she asks desperately, sounding scared.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" I ask, glancing at James who stands beside me, no doubt overhearing our conversation.

"Matt ran out the door last night when my mom got home! I didn't get to compel him, and he knows all about me, and now he thinks I killed his sister! He's freaking out and so am I!" she explains.

"Calm down okay? I'm on my way, just tell me where you are."

"I'm heading to the Lockwood residents right now. They have a charity event today and I think Matt will be there," Caroline says.

"Okay, I'm leaving now. I'll meet you there," I say, hanging up before she can respond.

"I'll come with you," Stefan says before getting up, James right behind him.

"No, I'm okay," I say, heading towards the door.

"We'll meet you there when we're done with the witch thing okay?" he assures me.

"Yeah, don't worry about it," I say smiling as I head out the door.

∆ ∆ ∆