ı 28 ı Satan in Disguise

"Memories of a stolen place, caught in the silence, and echo lost in space"

ELENA'S STRANGE behaviour confuses me so much that the next morning I become determined to question Stefan to see if he has been noticing it too.

Maybe it's the fact she is concerned that is strange, or maybe it's the fact that she came into my room wearing nothing by a towel wrapped around her body with her hair dripping wet. Or maybe it's a little bit of both. Either way, I'm determined for figure out why.

Just as I'm was about to knock, I recognize Elena's laugh from the other side of Stefan's closed bedroom door.

Sighing in frustration, I make my way downstairs, halting when I see Damon sitting on the couch. I'm about to turn and bolt back upstairs when a voice stops me.

"Hello Blair!" Elena says, walking down the hall. I furrow my brows in confusion, not remembering hearing her come down the stairs.

"Good morning, Damon!" Elena calls out.

Damon turns his head towards us and smiles, but quickly turns back around when he realizes I am standing here as well. I feel relief wash over me as I realize we are on the same page; at least we both want to ignore each other. I can live with that.

I smile at Elena and go to walk back upstairs when suddenly Damon appears and pins Elena against the wall, hard. She groans in pain, struggling against Damon's grasp as he is gripping her by the neck against the wall.

"Damon, what the hell?" I ask confused, taken back by his actions.

"I thought I told you to leave," Damon growls. I cock my head to the side in confusion.

"Damon, you're hurting me," Elena says, gasping for air.

"Don't play games, Katherine." Damon warns.

I freeze at the sound of Katherine's name, the pieces all coming together. This is the reason 'Elena' was acting weird last night. It wasn't Elena at all. It was Katherine, and she was in my room, talking to me and I had no idea. The thought makes my blood boil

"You think I'm Katherine? Why would you think that? Katherine is in the tomb isn't she? Why wouldn't Katherine be in the tomb?" she asks.

I suddenly become so confused. Either Katherine is a really good actor, or this really is Elena. It makes me wonder who Stefan is with in his room.

Speaking of Stefan, he suddenly appears, his facial expressions copying mine.

"What's going on?" he asks.

"Katherine," Damon growls releasing Elena. It's all he needs to say to get me to sprint up the stairs, entering Stefan's room where Katherine stands by his bed.

I grab her by her throat and hold her against the wall. She gasps for air, and looks at me, her eyes wide with fear. Her pleading and fearful eyes give me the satisfaction I have been looking for, for such a long time. I know it's sick of me to feel this way, but she deserves it. Katherine deserves pain.

"What are you doing?" she gasps, struggling to breathe.

"You're dead Katherine. I'm going to kill you right here and now," I say, smirking at her.

"What?" she asks, confused. Suddenly Stefan and Damon rush into the room, anger on their faces as well.

"Ow, Blair, you're hurting me!" Katherine says.