Chapter 21

LEILA'S POV

Finally the weekend was here, no school for two days. Hooray. I got dressed into lazy clothes and didn't spend long deciding on how to style my hair. I brushed it and put it into a messy braid on the side of my head to keep it out the way of annoying me. I grabbed my phone and went next door.

I didn't realise it was nine am and I had woken up so early, voluntarily as well!
James opened the door and told me that Luke was still sleeping, so, I sat in the kitchen with him and Lucy, they call themselves the early birds as they're always up first and have conversations no one knows about. They're the most interesting, strange subjects in a conversation that I have ever spoken about. I laughed the most I ever have that early in the morning, some good morning cheer that put me in an immediate good mood.

I had dazed off into a daydream about Luke by accident but could still hear echoes of Lucy and James' laughter. I was imagining Luke's body on mine and reminding myself of my first time with him. I'm definitely a sappy romantic.

"Leila?" Lucy brushed down my arm with her hand, after noticing I'd drifted off into space.

I came back to earth and heard slow, heavy footsteps walking down the wooden steps. It was nearly midday and Lucy, James and I had bonded a lot over the past few hours when the others were all in bed. Luke walked into the room, rubbing his tired eyes and moping around the kitchen. Once he realised we were all sat looking at him, he perked up.
"Good morning" His voice cracked. It sounded painful.

He poured himself a cup of water, took a sip and then grabbed my wrist, pulling me off the chair and making me stumble through to the lounge after him.
"I need to talk to you." He still seemed half asleep but I was too intrigued to suggest him telling me later.
"Tour starts Monday, so we have to leave Sunday night. That's one day. You coming?"

"Of course." I said in shock going with my gut feeling.

I nodded sharply, then a smile grazed across my mouth. He smiled back at me. But it was half dead.

Jai had snuck downstairs and creeped into the room with a bowl of rice crispies that Luke ended up eating, I gulped down a glass of milk and then followed Luke upstairs to his room. It was a mess with everything  on the floor. Mugs, clothes, food leftovers and grub coated his carpet. I tiptoed my way through the mess and lay on his bed while he got changed.

He put on some blue adidas shorts and a plain white top.
"All my nice clothes are packed." He chuckled.

"So, have you asked your mum?" Presuming we were back on the topic of tour.
"She said yeah." I lied. If he knew my mum wouldn't be okay with it he wouldn't let me go, and I don't want that. He nodded and grinned before walking out the room, but I just stayed lay on his bed sniffing in his manly scent.

He soon returned with two travel mugs, smelt like tea, probably to help him get through the day. He started sipping one and handed me the other. There was a knock at the door that made me jump.

"Ronnie says we're leaving at ten tomorrow." James poked his head through the crack in the door.

"okay," James stood there for a few moments before Luke threw a pillow at him aimed directly at his face. "get out!" soon enough James scurried off.