Chapter 22: Sports Fest

Third Person POV

It was Friday morning. Rarity and Twilight got out of the principal's office holding a bunch of flyers.

"There will be a Sports Fest next month! The school will compete against other schools! Isn't it exciting?" Rarity asked Twilight while pinning a flyer on the cork board.

"It is exciting! But they should've announced it earlier so our players will have the time to practice." Twilight replied.

"Oh poohoo. Our players don't even need practice." Rarity replied confidently.

The bookworm chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"Now let's not get too confident about it. According to the book I've read, "Even though you're already good at something, practice is always a must.""

"Alright, alright. I'm just excited, Twilight."

"Excited about what?"

A familiar voice came from a girl who's standing behind them.

They turned around and saw Vanessa. There was an awkward silence among the three.

Twilight nudged Rarity, telling her to speak first.

"Oh we're excited for the Sports Fest next month, darling." Rarity said calmly.

"Oh. Is that so?"

"Yes. Are you interested? You can sign up now if you want." Twilight smiled and handed her a flyer.

Vanessa read the flyer and at the bottom of the paper, she saw Rainbow Dash's name together with the other leaders of different teams.

"Oh right! She's the captain of the soccer team!" She accidentally said out loud.

Rarity and Twilight looked at her. "Uh-oh" was written all over their faces.

"This isn't good." Rarity whispered.

"I'd like to sign up please."

Van signed up for the soccer team, as expected. With the look on her face, the two can tell that Van already had plans on getting clingy with Rainbow Dash again.

"There. Thank you!" Vanessa said then left.

"I gotta knock some sense into this girl's brain. She's not going to ruin a perfect relationship as soon as I'm done with her."

Rarity furrowed her eyebrows and started walking towards her direction.

"Woah woah, wait." Twilight stopped her by holding her arm.

"Applejack said we should leave her alone. She'll get tired when she realizes that Rainbow Dash will love AJ and AJ only. So relax." Twilight explained.

"But--" Rarity tried to speak but was just cut off by her friend.

"No buts. That's what Applejack told us and we need to trust them."

The fashionista sighed. She fixed her hair and said, "Alright. I just don't want AppleDash to end, that's all. Especially 'cause it's my OTP."

Twilight giggled. "Yeah yeah. Now come on. We have tons of flyers to distribute."

~TIME SKIP (Before lunch)~

Applejack sat on her chair and stared at their teacher sleepily. Her head rested on her arms.

"According to the third paragraph in page 218..."

Their english teacher said. Applejack wasn't able to absorb what their teacher was saying. She closed her eyes for a bit. She felt like everything was spinning.