Chapter 1: The Party Invitation

It was weekend. No school, time for rest and fun. The sun was shining in the clear blue sky. Birds chirped and the tree leaves rustled due to the wind. It sure was a pleasant morning. 

The rays of sunlight passed through a blonde girl's bedroom window. Those sunlight rays caused her to wake up. She slowly opened her eyes and smacked her lips. Applejack stretched. She slowly sat up on her bed and looked through the window.

"Hmm.. what a lovely mornin'..." she said with her country accent. The big and shiny apples in Sweet Apple Acres brought a smile on her face.  They remind them of her family's hard work. She looked at the surroundings outside once more. "The wind is refreshing. The sun is up and-... wait, what?! The sun is up!?!". Applejack panicked and quickly ran downstairs.

"Good mornin', Granny Smith!", Applejack said in a hurry as she ran past her grandmother. "Good mornin' ta ya too, youngin'! And.. why are ya such in a hurry? Ya didn't even have yer breakfast yet." the old lady said while rocking on her rocking chair.

"It's late granny! I gotta do mah chores. Applebloom and Big Mac didn't even bother to wake me up! Those little.." the blonde girl said while walking back to her grandma. "Well, I told them ta let ya sleep 'cause we all know how ya work so hard for the Apple Family. Ya deserve it. And besides, ya need rest from all yer projects and homeworks this week, remember?" Granny Smith said.

"Aww shucks, granny. Thanks but its not necessary."  Applejack said while hugging her. "Are ya sure?" Granny Smith said. "Of course granny. I'm an Apple! I can do mah chores in mah sleep!" Applejack said then chuckled.

"Oh alrighty then.  But first! Ya have ta eat yer breakfast ya hear?" Granny Smith told the blonde teen. "Yes Granny Smith.." Applejack replied. Granny Smith watched her granddaughter proceed to the dining room. She smiled. She sure was proud of her.

Meanwhile, in Cloudsdale...

Rainbow Dash, a best friend of Applejack's, snuggled her cotton like pillows while sleeping. A knock on her bedroom door woke her up.
"It's Saturday for Celestia's sake! Can't I have a good sleep?!" Rainbow thought.

"Rainbow, honey? Your dad and I have no work this morning so maybe you wanna join us for breakfast?" her Mom's sweet voice said.

"Yes mom. I'll be there in a minute. " She replied. She wasn't feeling like goind downstairs, eating breakfast or getting up at all. All she wanted that very moment was to lay on her bed and enjoy the relaxing breeze and the Saturday morning itself.

Then she remembered her friends. "Are they free? Hmm.. maybe we can hangout later. " she thought. Excited, she went downstairs to eat breakfast with her parents.

As they ate breakfast, Rainbow's father asked her. "So.. how's school, Dash?"

They  don't really have the time to check on her lately because they work overtime so it was the perfect time to ask her what's going on.

"It's fine. Totally normal."  Rainbow replied.

"Good! That's my girl." Her father said. Rainbow wanted to ask her parents why they work overtime unlike before. They had time for her before. And what bothered Rainbow Dash the most was that she was their only child but they work like they have 5 children! 

But before Rainbow Dash could ask her question, her cellphone rang. She temporarily forgot about the thought.

She looked at her phone and it said 'Incoming Call: Pinkie Pie'.

"Uhm... I better pick this one up. I hope you don't mind." Dash asked. "Oh not at all! Go ahead." her mom said.

She picked up the phone, walked outdoors and said "Hey Pinkie. What's up?"