Chapter 8: Remember When...

Third Person POV

"Bye girls! See you tomorrow or on Monday!"

The girls said their goodbyes 'cause it sure was late. They hang out for a little after the confession.

"Thank you. All of you. I couldn't have done it without your help." Rainbow Dash thanked her friends then hugged them.

"Aww don't worry. It's no problem, Rainbow. Really." Rarity replied.

"Aren't you going home? It's 8:00 pm." Twilight asked.

"Uhm do you guys mind if we stay here for a little while?" Rainbow said.

"Sure. No problem. Congrats you two!" The purple haired girl replied.

"Bye Rainbow and Applejack!" Pinkie said with a wink.

"Thanks. Bye girls!"

Rainbow Dash and Applejack stayed for a while. The two set up a mat on the grass to lay their backs on.

"The sky is clear. Look at the twinkling stars. They're beautiful. " Rainbow Dash said pointing at the stars.

"Oh yeah. They sure are." Applejack replied.

"So Applejack. Did you remember the song I picked?" Dash started.

"Of course I did." The blonde girl said then sang a few lines.

"Remember when we were 10? We used to sing that together. And the last time that I was about to sing that to you with my guitar... your dad came to pick you up..." Dash said then chuckled.

"...I never thought I could sing that for you. For real." She said, holding Applejack's left hand with her right one.

Applejack smiled at her sweetly.

"Same here. I, too, never thought that this day would ever come. Remember when we were kids? That was our jam. We sang that last.. I dunno.. forever?"

"Yeah. Hehe."

There was silence. It wasn't an awkward one. Just... good silence.

Applejack turned her head to the right. She saw Rainbow Dash's guitar then smiled. It reminded her of some moments of their childhood.

--------------------

Flashback #1:

"Rainbow, wait here. Don't go anywhere."

"Fine. Fine. "

Applejack ran to her house, leaving Rainbow Dash under a big apple tree. A few seconds later, she returned with an apple pie on her hands.

"Here it is-... where'd ya go?" Applejack let the pie sit on the big root of the tree that Dash was supposed to be sitting on. Rainbow's guitar was the only thing left there.

"Applejack.... " Someone called AJ's name.

"Rainbow, is that you? Where are you?"

"Find me first."

Applejack smirked. She took off her boots to be quiet. It was a big tree so maybe Dash was on the other side. Dash was watching her the whole time.

AJ was about to take her first step when suddenly, out of nowhere Rainbow surprised her from behind. Applejack saw the guitar and took it. She was about to hit her bestfriend.

"Hey hey hey! I'm sorry! Wait are you actually going to hit me with my guitar? That was a prank.." Dash was surprised too.

"Oh gosh I'm sorry Rainbow! I didn't mean ta hit you! I was just... shocked. Although, it was a good one. I'll get back at you."