Chapter 11

As Kellen kissed me in my doorway someone cleared their throat behind me. I broke free of Kellen and turned to see who was interrupting us. And little did I expect it was my dad. He looked at Kellen with this look in his eyes that I couldn’t detect.

"Chief Joseph." Kellen said bowing his head in respect.

''Kellen." my father said. Kellen looked up. "Would either of you care to tell me what is going in?" my dad said like he just caught us having sex. We both shook our heads no. He looked at me. Then at Kellen. "Come in to the living room. I think we all need to talk."

We both followed my father into the living room. He pointed to the couch and we sat down. However he stayed standing and in all the movies I’ve seen the fathers always stand when they are yelling at their daughters. Uh-oh.

"Bridgit tell me what’s going on." he said in an overly calm voice.

"Well-" I started but then he cut me off.

"Please tell me you two aren’t sleeping together." he said.

"We aren’t-" I tried again but he cut me off again.

"How dare you use my daughter for your own needs!" my dad yelled at Kellen.

"DAD!" I yelled to get his attention. "We aren’t sleeping together!"

"Then what is going on with you two?!" he said. I looked at Kellen. And he nodded his head.

"Well chief, Bridgit and I are mates." Kellen said quietly. My father looked at him for a second. Then he looked at me. I wonder what’s he’s thinking. It was a while before he spoke again.

"You have a lot of answers to give me boy." my father said to Kellen. And saw Kellen eyes widen for a split second.

"Yes sir." Kellen said. And with that my father left the room. I turned to Kellen and gave him a wide eyed look. He laughed.

"So you have a lot to learn about being a wolf." Kellen said. I had been dreading this moment. The moment they said I needed to learn.

"Yeah I guess I do." I said.

"So I guess we should start now. Because there is a lot to learn." he said with a smile while I groaned inwardly.

"Fine." I said.

"Ok so let’s go over the basics. So when you turn eighteen you will shift the first time. And the first time always hurts and is always the hardest. But then it will get easier."

"Ok..."

"Then there’s the matter of a mind link. You will be linked to all of the wolves in the Redhaven pack." he said. Redhaven is my last name. "And when you are mind linked the whole pack is able to read your mind at all times of the day. Except when you put up a shield in your mind, but most newbies are not able to do that at first." my eyes widened at that. I don’t want people to be reading my mind all hours of the day. That’s just embarrassing.

"And also there is the mating process." he said coming closer to me. Our faces so close that I could feel his warm breath on my lips. His lips touched mine for a brief second then he pulled away. "You have a lot to learn." he said and smiled.