Chapter 5

Everyone looked at me with a shocked expression like they couldn’t believe I just said nor did any of that. We were still standing outside when a young woman came out from behind a tree. She was pulling on her shirt when she came to stand next to Kellen.

"Hi honey," she said and kissed his cheek. "I was wondering when you were going to be back." my eyes just about popped out of my head when he smiled down at her and kissed her on the lips. When not more than an hour ago he kissed me saying we were mates. Oh hell no! I cleared my throat and looked at Kellen.

"Who is this?" I asked nodding my head to the younger girl.

"Um... This is Tiffany." he said trying not to look me in the eyes.

"And how do you relate to her?" I asked getting even more pissed off.

"She’s my soon to be wife." he said looking at me with a pained expression. Then something inside me snapped. He was supposed to be my mate and now he’s her kissing some other girl. Tears welled up in my eyes threatening to spill over. But I took a deep breath and stood tall.

"Well I hope you two are happy together." my voice cracking in the end. I looked towards the trees and took off running.

"Bridgit!" Kellen yelled emotion in his voice. Tears started to run down my face and I ran even faster