Chapter 3

"Bridgit wake up." Kellen said while shaking my shoulder. I slowly opened my eyes and peaked out at Kellen. I squinted my eyes trying to get used to the bright sunlight.

"What?" I asked. I pulled the jacket off of my head that was shading my eyes from the sun. I looked at Kellen and he gave me an amused smile.

"We are at a rest stop. Do you need to use the bathroom?" he asked pointing to the bathrooms.

"Yes I do!" I said and hopped out of the car. Once I got done using the bathroom I walked past a vending machine. I got myself a bag of chips. Then I decided to be nice and get Kellen something also. I was walking back to the car when a snarl caught my attention. I whipped around the parking lot trying to find the source of the noise. Then I saw it. A giant red wolf was standing to my left. It had spit dripping from its jaws and the spit dripped from its jaws and onto my shoulder. Um EW?

Then all of a sudden a grey wolf appeared at my right. It was bigger than the red wolf. The grey wolf growled and started to back up. I stared in icy fear at the grey wolf hoping it wasn’t going to hurt me. I didn’t move an inch.

The red wolf snarled as the grey wolf jumped over my head and attacked the red wolf. As the wolves started to fight I ran to the safety of the car. I jumped inside and slammed the door shut. I was shaking because I was scared and I fumbled to pull out my phone. But by the time I had my phone out a pair of big hands took my phone away from me. I looked up to see Kellen sitting in the driver’s seat shaking and completely naked. I looked down at his lap. I couldn’t help myself!

"Um do you t-think you could put some clothes on?" I asked blushing.

"Uh yeah..." he said while reaching into the backseat to get clothes out of his bag. After he was fully clothed I looked at him.

"What the hell was that?" I asked starting to go into freak out mode. I was still shaking.

"What you just saw was me fighting an outsider that was about to attack you." he said still breathing hard. He looked up at me some of his hair falling in his eyes. He reached over to me and ran his fingers over my cheek. When he touched me I felt an electric shock. I’m sure he felt it to. I gasped and we both leaned in at the same time and our lips touched. When our lips first touched I felt the same jolt I felt before and my first instinct was to pull away. But I couldn’t if I tried because Kellen wrapped his fingers in my hair.

He finally pulled away from me and looked at me still shocked. I looked back wondering what came over us. How can he go from all mighty alpha Kellen to this innocent guy that you just want to be held by?

"Bridgit," he said in a whisper still holding my head in his hands. "I think we are mates."