Chapter 24 : What Truth ?

Grace's POV :

"Why don't you confront him ?" Brittany asked.
"Dude c'mon I can't do that ! I have something called a dignity" I said with a duh tone.
"If you feel something say it if not you'll regret it" Hayley stated.
"Guys I just like him alright..... I can't go to him and be like 'Chase I like you please like me back' how can I say that ?" I asked them and they just looked away.

"I don't know Hun.. but I know that you'll figure it out soon" Demi hugged him.
"He's just a jerk and that annoys me" I frowned.
"Tell me a guy who isn't a jerk ?" Demi said. Well Taylor isn't.

"Can we drop this topic ?"
"Okay" they said in unison.
"The last witch hunter?" Demi suggested.
"Cool !" We agreed.

"I can't wait to for the formal dance!!" Demi squealed.
"Me too" Hayley grinned.
"Taylor asked ?" Brittany asked Demi.
"Yep Via text though he was nervous it seems" she laughed.
"Guys will always be guys" Brittany joined in.
"Brit who's your date ?" I asked her after I finished applying my nail polish.
"Trystan" she said smiling wide. Does she like him ? Aww cute.
"Awwww" we all said in unison.
"Shut up guys !" She blushed harder.

"Hay who's your date ?" Demi asked.
"Jeffery Collins" she answered.
"The guy you met at that party ?" I asked. Because now only I know his name.
"Yep him" she said smiling. I guess everyone is pretty much in love with their dates.

"Babe who are you going with ?" Brittany asked throwing her hand over my shoulder.
"No clue" I replied.
"What ??? The dance is tomorrow and you don't have a date !" She screamed.
"Shush drama mama I don't need a date I could hang out with Kyle and them" I retorted.
"Meh" Demi argued. 

My phone started ringing and it was Chase I felt a smile enlightening my lips and I answered the call.
"Hey"
"Hey there wanted to talk you meet at the park now" he said.
"Sure see ya then" I said goodbye and hung up.

"Guys I have to go meet Chase" I said and all of their faces immediately lit up like fireworks.
"Cool ! We need details" Brittany said laughing.
The park wasn't far away from Brittany house it took only 10 minutes to get there and I was finally here.
I parked behind his car and I saw a note attached to wiper of the car.

Come straight to the lake baby doll.   -Chase

Waking up to the lake I saw nothing but the darkness. It was pitch black and I had no clue of where he was taking me.

"Chase !" No one answered. Maybe I'll just keep walking. My iPhone's torch came in handy which helped me get through the path.

Suddenly everything lit up and I saw Chase standing near the deck of ship smiling.
"What's all this about ?" I asked climbing up to him.
"Well it's a surprise. Shall we ?" He offered me his hand and took me inside the ship/boat.
"Chase what's up ?" I knew something fishy was going on but hell  I couldn't figure it out.
"Cheers" he handed me a glass of champagne and took a sip. Now I seriously feel under dressed and weird.

"It's about time" he took outside where the moonlight shimmered on the water. Gorgeous view.
There were fireworks many of them but one bunch of them stood out. Those 8 words 'will you be my date to The Dance'
I was out of words he standing there with a big smile on his face and i knew by know I'm smiling as well.

"Will you baby doll?" He asked.
"Yes yes yes" I ran up to him as hugged him. Honestly I wanted to be his date and my heart just skipped a beat for what he did. I don't think I'll ever be able to get over this asshole.
"You just made me happy as hell doll" he said smiling. And i just ignored and hugged him.

~~~~****~~~~

The rest of the evening was fun we just laughed and ate basically. This has to be the 1st time where Chase didn't act like a jerk and acted in a civilized manner. Later on he dropped me home.

Laying down on my bed I heard the front door open.
"Grace ! Justin ! come downstairs honey" Mom called. Finally she came home. Justin came outside of his room and asked me why through gesture and I just shrugged. We slowly made our way down the stairs and my eye caught a guy who's hand was entangled with my moms.

"He's George my boyfriend" mom introduced with a big grin on her face.
"Good to see you" I forced a smile and walked back upstairs but Justin held my hand and gestured me to stay.
"Mom please leave with him NOW" Justin gritted. Justin really didn't like mom dating because he said that no one can replace dad & we didn't need a step dad ruling this house also that Justin can take care of us.

"Justin please Lis---" mom said politely.
"No sorry now leave" He said harshly cutting off mom. Mom looked hurt but what she was doing was wrong. A guy who's half her age ? You got to be kidding me.
"Okay" with that she just left with George.

"Why did you do that Justin?" Kat came out of her room and asked him.
"Because I wanted to Kathy ! This isn't fair by anyone!" He stomped off to his room and banged the door.
"You okay ?" She asked me.
"Yea..h I'm fine" I stated and went to my room.

I just don't know why every good day has to end with a bad one. It sucks balls.

Next morning I did the normal routine and plop down on my bed. I need to get a dress, shoes and hair done for the dance tonight.

Ruby's (Grace's Mom) POV :

"They are just kids sis they don't really know what they are talking about" Kat told me.
"I was never a good mom kathy I never was.... Grace is right I have no standards he's half my age I mean he's almost Justin's age... I should be ashamed" I said trying hold back my tears.
"Do you really love him ?" Kat asked.
"George ?"
"Yes you dimwit"
"Yeah I do ... I know its weird but it all just feels right" I reasoned.

"Well then explain everything to the kids they'll come along.. They are not 5 anymore they'll understand Ruby"
"Yeah I will and Kat I was thinking maybe I should tell Grace the truth" I said rubbing my temples.

Grace's POV :

"Truth ? You mean what happened back then ?" Kat asked almost surprised by moms words. I hid behind the wall and listened to the conversation.
"Yes I can't hide all of this anymore I feel so bad."
"It won't help her .... It'll cause more damage. I don't agree" Kat said
"Please I can't do this alone I need you" my mom begged.

"Ruby I love you and Grace a lot but I don't her knowing any of this... Please let's talk to others and see"
"Alright I'm gonna go get dressed to go meet George and apologize" she said standing up.
"Okay" I quickly ran upstairs back to room and Closed the door.

What were they talking about ? Truth ? What are they lying about ? Who are these people ? I have to find out.

Another update 🙆🏻 enjoy 💕
Take care 🙌🏻 love ya'll 💯
-Ona xoxoxo 💙