Chapter 18 : New Friends !

Grace's POV :

I found out that my mom had got home a few hours later I went to sleep. After Doing my morning routine I headed straight to school.

"Hey Grace" Amber waved.
"Hey Amber"
"Ah I signed you up for our formal dance committee!" She said scratching the back of her neck.
"Oh cool!" It didn't seem that bad.
"Phew ! Finally someone likes it" she smiled.
"Hey !" Hayley hugged.
"Hey hay your the formal dance committee "Amber announced.
"Awesome! I've always wanted to be in it" Hayley squeaked. Typical her.

After separating out ways I walked into my next class which was model 3D. Later on I found out that Amber had joined model 3D too.
"Alright class! You have an assignment to work on with your partners whom I have already chosen" she narrowed her eyes when the rest the class of groaned.

"1st pair Amber and George, Chloe and Shana, Ariana and Grace ---"
"What ????" I groaned mumbling. Great now I'll have to deal with Lana's barbies.

"Hey Grace " Ariana sat next time me and smiled. What the fudge ?
"Uhm.. Hi" I forced a smile.
"Look I'm not gonna eat you ! We can be model buddies" she laughed.
"Uhm but Lana ?"
"Well she can go shove a cactus up her you know what nah" she said with a disgusted face.
"Whoa I wasn't expecting that" I shook my head in disbelief.
"Yes can we start this already?" She asked pointing towards the books.
"Yes" I hurriedly replied and got to work.

Ariana is actually a nice person. Apparently they had a big fight with Lana and they are no longer friends. Also her twin is Chloe.
It was lunch now. Taylor was with Demi flirting away and Trystan was flirting with Brittany. Hayley was no where to be seen and so was Chase.

"Hey butterfly"Someone chirped in my ear.
"Jesus Christ Kyle ! You scared me" I punched his arm.
"Sorry babes " he laughed. Kyle is my guy best best best friend. I have know him only for 3 years but he literally knows my whole life.
"I see someone's third wheeling" he smirked.
"Look who's talking !" I scoffed.
"How's Chase ?"
"He's okay I guess. Do you know about his aunt?" I blurted.
"Yeah I do." He said looking directly at me.

"I hate my life at times " he said all of a sudden.
"But why ?" I have him a confused look.
"I love this girl but I have no guts to tell her" he sighed.
"Can I know who this lucky girl is ?" I asked smiling.
"She's ---" i was cut off by my phone and it was Chase calling.

"Hello"
"Grace she's gone" he said sobbing hard.
"What ? Chase who ?"
"Adrian ... She left us and ... Went away" he said crying harder each minute.
"Where are you now ?" I stood up and grabbed my bag.
"I don't know" with That the line was disconnected.

"Kyle I'm so sorry but i have to go it's urgent" I ran to my car and sped off.
"Be careful" he shouted.

I oped the door of Chase's house and searched. True it's a crime to walk into someone's house without permission but this is an exception.

"Chase !" I checked in his room but he wasn't there.
"Chase !" I shouted but no one answered.
"Chase ?!" I shouted a bit louder and still no one was answering.
Maybe he's in the hospital with the family.

On my way to the hospital Brittany called me and said that Chase was in the hospital.

"Excuse me may I know where Adrian cooper is ?" I asked the receptionist. My hands were shaking with fear.
"Yes Ma'am 201 on the 3rd floor" she smiled weakly.
"Thank you" I sprinted up to the room. I opened the door and found Chase and Adrian's husband both of them crying they're guts out.

"Ricky ? Are you okay ?" I asked Adrian's husband and he just nodded.
"Take Chase home please" he said sobbing.
"I'll do that. If there's something call me alright Chase's mom is on her way" he nodded and I went to Chase.

"Chase lets go" I whispered.
"She ..left" he said crying and immediately wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer.
"Shhh don't cry .. Please you have to be strong." I said stroking his hair.
"Come on let's go" I picked him up.
"No I can't" he pushed my hand off. Stubborn much ?
"No your coming with me end of story" finally he agreed to come with me.

Hey lovelies 👋🏻 here's another chapter for you 💁🏻 enjoy ! Make sure to tell me about the book. 🙊
Take care 💕 love you all
-Ona xoxoxo ❤️