"It wouldn't be that randomly. I mean... It takes some weird D-C-D-D- tuning to make a guitar sound like that," the ever practical, grey eyed, musical prodigy mused from the armchair.

He started playing the song, from memory, on the correctly tuned guitar.

"See... it sounds all weird and off," he said.

I groaned and scooted further into my blanket.

"It's more about the words isn't it, Izzy?" Simon asked with a subtle smirk.

I nodded.
He nudged me to look at him.

"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be," Simon sang with a teasing look inn his eyes.

I whacked him again.

"Not you, you dumbass!" I laughed.

"Nah... I'll just wait untill we're 30. You promised," he grinned.

"Why 30?" Oddball asked.

"Oh.. Simon reckons he'll marry me at 30 if nobody else does," I replied.

Oddball laughed and left the sound-toys before coming behind the sofa. He leaned over the back with his face upside down and his wonderful, long hair hanging in front of me.

"Tell you what... I'll have you at 25," he grinned and planted an upside down kiss on my lips.

I chuckled at his silliness.

"You'll get my germs," I warned him.

"Oh no... Izzy-cooties!" Oddball grinned in mock panic and stood back up wiping his mouth with his palms.

- February 2nd -

A few days later I was back up and running.
I was having lunch with a very irate Ellen. I needed her to talk to Simon. Find some common ground.
Because I was being pulled apart.
Simon was almost back to his normal self.
Hugging, joking and generally being a pest.
But Ellen was still upset. I don't know what she expected, but she took my loyalty to the band as a personal affront. I wasn't going to leave the band over her and Simon. But a part of me was regretting ever putting them together.

"You are choosing Simon! You always choose Simon!" She accused.

"I don't!" I said.

"I bet you and Simon actually are both secretly in love with each other. You're just waiting for the other one to make a move. That's why he was calling me Izzy and that's really why you won't make a fucking move on Ethan!" She spat as she stood up to stomp out of the cafeteria.

She pushed past Oddball who had stood a few feet away with a tray of food and an amused smirk. He was close enough to have heard and came to sit oposite me.

"Is she right?" He asked.

"What? No! I'm trying to be neutral but it's not easy," I replied.

"Not about you choosing Simon. The other thing," Odd asked.

"I'm not in love with Simon, " I said firmly looking straight into Oddball's eyes.

A slow, crooked smile spread across Odd's face making him look like a mischievous little imp with his freckles and dimples.

"So something else is holding you back from making a 'fucking move'?" He asked, holding back a grin.

"I don't know what you are talking about," I muttered and took a bite of my salad to distract myself and to keep my face from breaking into a little smile.

I felt a blush spread across my cheeks.

"Okay," Oddball said and leaned back in his chair.

"Okay what?" I asked, frowning suspiciously.